GEN 2 Husky fender liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SaintsFan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried to install mine today. I must have gotten the bad batch even though they just arrived this week. Total crap. Buyer beware.

freddyfcs

Reaction score
I tried to install mine today. I must have gotten the bad batch even though they just arrived this week. Total crap. Buyer beware.

They’re a bitch to install but u take your time you’ll get there..I almost cut those things with a sawzaw but I took a break and started again..
Now check yours and if I have a screw and a u bolt there then u have the new batch

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got a set and they were a complete pita!

They are a perfect fit, but that's the problem. They should have designed in more tolerance for ease of assembly. I probably spent over 2hrs getting them in, with the majority being the learning curve on the first one. Opening up the 2 flair bolt holes per side helps, and you still can't see them. Also, you'll definitely want to use a right-angle plastic body panel tool.

My passenger side isn't sitting fully back just by the shock and was too close to the tire for my liking (probably just from being in the box), so I took a heat gun to it and I stuffed some pads between it and the tire to hold it back while it cools. Watch out for that if you'd rather re-shape them before you install.

JeremyFXDWG

Reaction score
I just got done putting mine in. Total pain in the ass but the look good.

They side away from the clip was real close to the tire. I ended up drilling another hole and using a small block of plastic to pinch the pinch weld on the bed. The same weld the the clip goes in but at the other end of the fender well.

Grey03

Reaction score
Installed mine today also, it is a pain. Took my time and I used a plastic tire tool for my mountain bike to help get it into place. Worked great. I did have to make the hole on the driver side rear bigger to get that side to fit. Passenger side lined up perfect. They do look good.

Lasercat

Reaction score
So how much do these liners help with mud in the wheel wells? Specifically cleaning said mud out? I spend a lot of time hosing mud out, particularly in behind the lip of the fender flare, would these make cleanup significantly easier?

heffneil

Reaction score
Im still debating these. I see 2017 - 2018 versions. Is that what everyone is using? I just want it to go in easy and not need major modification or melting! For $90 they should be smooth, no?

Fender

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No install was just horrible, very tight fit, misaligned hole, husky people dont even return emails, dont do it

BrettLF

Reaction score
I tried them, sent them back for a refund.

Drivers side fit well, passenger side fit like crap. Sticking out far enough to rub on the tire in the area some people drill another hole to add a screw or bolt. Also with mud flaps would have to modify something for that as well. Not worth the pain!