GEN 2 Husky fender liners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Northlight

Reaction score
FedEx bringing...

...them today.

Should have Weathertech mats and mud flaps by Fridy.

Northlight

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Great to hear, have you had to do any trimming for installation?

I couldn't get mine to fit and Husky said they had issues with the first batch and are sending me replacements. Glad to see someone was able to install them without a problem.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got mine today.

At first I thought they wouldn’t fit either.

They are REALLY REALLY tight.

I let them sit in the sun and really worked them in there. After some trial and error and learning curve they fit like a GLOVE.

The directions are not clear.

Contact me directly if you need advice.

I couldn't get mine to fit and Husky said they had issues with the first batch and are sending me replacements. Glad to see someone was able to install them without a problem.

Northlight

Reaction score
Husky Liners installed....

....not quite a five minute install...but they do go in.

Warming them up in the sun is a good idea....but it's cold and rainy here in the Great Northwest right now.

No trimming required...but I used one of those plastic body trim levers I had laying around. Any plastic spreader type thingy will help get the upper edge in between the fender flare and the body metal.

Did have to open up one hole at the bottom rear to line up the screw insert.

Good coverage.....Mud Flaps arrive today.

Northlight

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same thing.

I used a Thin flat flat screw driver and my sore fingers. The driver side rear hole needed to be opened up just a tiny bit to clear for the factory mount location. I drilled it a little right in place. If I really worked at it and shimmied it around I maybe could have gotten it To line up but it was the last 8 seconds of the job and my fingers were shot. It wasn’t worth popping out all the trim and starting over.

They look great mounted up and finish off the look nicely. They also quiet down road noise a bit as I discovered on my test drive. I hadn’t thought of that when I bought them, but it was noticible when I drove it. The downside is that I hear the sweet sound of the FOMOCO Touring Exhaust a little bit less too.

All in all very pleased for a hundred bucks.

....not quite a five minute install...but they do go in.

Warming them up in the sun is a good idea....but it's cold and rainy here in the Great Northwest right now.

No trimming required...but I used one of those plastic body trim levers I had laying around. Any plastic spreader type thingy will help get the upper edge in between the fender flare and the body metal.

Did have to open up one hole at the bottom rear to line up the screw insert.

Good coverage.....Mud Flaps arrive today.

Northlight

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

And just as an FYI...

They look factory as if they were genuine Ford from
The dealership.

Ford should have installed liners from the factory, in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 PM ----------

Looks like this on mine.

Attachments

• 1CF8174C-2913-4F4A-9DDA-30944CF5B508.jpg
    1CF8174C-2913-4F4A-9DDA-30944CF5B508.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 124

Northlight

Reaction score
Fox Shock Visibility with Husky Liners installed...

For those concerned about covering up the Fox Shocks....there's not much left to see once the rear fender liners are installed.....but....I think the protection is worth it.

Northlight

Attachments

• IMG_6047.jpg
    IMG_6047.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6044.jpg
    IMG_6044.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 105

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much better than my upside down photo.

You can’t see much of the shocks, but you really couldn’t see much to start with... who climbs under there to care to look? It’s not like the front.

For those concerned about covering up the Fox Shocks....there's not much left to see once the rear fender liners are installed.....but....I think the protection is worth it.

Northlight

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Much better than my upside down photo.

You can’t see much of the shocks, but you really couldn’t see much to start with... who climbs under there to care to look? It’s not like the front.

Yeah looks like you need some roll bars on your truck

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I bought mine a month ago and just got my truck yesterday. I just spent 30 minutes trying to get the drivers side in, no luck. How do you determine if you have a 'bad batch'?

I'm not sure how the flare lips fit with the stock fenders. There are several areas where you can feel something in the way where the Husky liner lips should go. I'll try to warm them the next sunny day we have to see if that helps.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If you have a lot of lip down near where it attaches to the rear of the truck you have a bad set. I sent my initial set back because they weren't trimmed and it was an obvious difference once I received the second set.

I ended up sending the second set back along with the first because the fitment with my rear mud flaps wouldn't work correctly.

I also felt the plastic was pretty thin and cheap. I'll end up going line-X on my rears eventually. Probably do it myself as others have done.