GEN 2 HREs complete and shipped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've had HRE's before they are outstanding make and quality. Obviously pricey but best in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't agree. I've personally heard of several instances where HREs had major issues, like leaking and/or not holding a bead.

They are absolutely beautiful custom one off wheels. And if you just want to park your truck at a car show, then there's nothing better to park it on.

But if I'm putting my life at risk, like I do every time I get in a 700+horsepower 6500+ pound truck, it's not going to be on HREs. It's on OEM wheels or a company like Weld whose wheels have been PROVEN to be able to handle a real load.

I've seen and heard of too many failures on anything else.

Just my two cents.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't agree. I've personally heard of several instances where HREs had major issues, like leaking and/or not holding a bead.

They are absolutely beautiful custom one off wheels. And if you just want to park your truck at a car show, then there's nothing better to park it on.

But if I'm putting my life at risk, like I do every time I get in a 700+horsepower 6500+ pound truck, it's not going to be on HREs. It's on OEM wheels or a company like Weld whose wheels have been PROVEN to be able to handle a real load.

Just my two cents.

Unfortunately the case you represent are towards three piece wheels with any manufacture. I had a set of ADV.1 and a set of GFG's do it, two rears on one brand and two fronts on the other brand ..
these HRE wheels the guys are running are forged mono block wheels . Mono meaning single, solid , ONE piece that are forged into a work of strength and art! As tough, strong and safe as u can get .. I have trusted HRE at the speed of 219 MPH . The stand alone and stand strong ..
And by the way Weld was bought out as well as ADV.1 by one company.. Can you name that company ?
What weighs 6300 pounds and has 700t horsepower ?

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And by the way Weld was bought out as well as ADV.1 by one company.. Can you name that company ?

I cannot. Can you tell me if Weld wheels made on the same equipment as ADV.1 wheels? Also, are they now of the same design?

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I cannot. Can you tell me if Weld wheels made on the same equipment as ADV.1 wheels? Also, are they now of the same design?

Sorry wasn't trying to be a smart ass but momo purchased weld aa well as ADV'1 wheel corp and any forged wheel of the three are forged and made in good ol Kansas City .
The owner and brain child of ADv 1 bankrupt himself and the company with his over spending on cars and lavish lifestyle .Not that there is anything wrong with that and weld went Belly up a long time back and American racing purchased them , then momo acquired them early this year.

Last edited:

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

The same equity group that owns MOMO (amongst may others, CCW included) bought Weld and ADV. Cisneros Corporation

Sadly when it comes to most "forged made in the USA" wheels, most of the forgings and or parts (2 and 3 piece wheels) are coming from china and being cut in the states. Some companies put in a lot more R&D with their designs and quality control at the manufacturing level but the quality of the materials are very similar between most high end brands.

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same equity group that owns MOMO (amongst may others, CCW included) bought Weld and ADV. Cisneros Corporation

Sadly when it comes to most "forged made in the USA" wheels, most of the forgings and or parts (2 and 3 piece wheels) are coming from china and being cut in the states. Some companies put in a lot more R&D with their designs and quality control at the manufacturing level but the quality of the materials are very similar between most high end brands.

Nothing like walking out to valet pickup admiring your hard work and there sits a brand new CLS 55 AMG with staggered GFG's with that FAT ASS LIP we all wanted back in the day and there sitting
on two flats .
I never will forget that as well multiple wrecker calls to haul off to the rim shop .:(

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:46 PM ----------

Nothing like walking out to valet pickup admiring your hard work and there sits a brand new CLS 55 AMG with staggered GFG's with that FAT ASS LIP we all wanted back in the day and there sitting
on two flats .
I never will forget that as well multiple wrecker calls to haul off to the rim shop .:(

I actually have a set of ADV.1 being made for my G wagon but my dealer is close to shop they are being made : not concerned as these are not multi piece wheels

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry folks had to move appointment to Monday got called out of town.

But heres the wheel next to the truck

5b4182529c95e4e73411a0a5832dd3cc.jpg

---------- Post added at 11:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 PM ----------

Just my two cents.

Like John said doesn't apply to this application. These wheels are solid 1 piece made.