How do you protect your paint when off-roading?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lasercat

Reaction score
So last weekend I hit some pretty wild trails and had a great time, but the trails got very narrow in places and I ended up with a bunch of scratches on my clear coat. I was able to get them all out with some Scratch-X and a lot of work, but it got me thinking about protection.

There are a bunch of different solutions out there for more common off road vehicles (jeeps) but not a lot that I can find for trucks in general. In fact, it seems like a clear bra might be the only option, based upon my limited research. So, I figured I'd ask here and see what you guys actually use in practice.

Also, here's a couple bonus truck pics :)

DPPIxH3xHgPmg?width=3264&height=2448&cropmode=none.jpg

LuyEsd-irvdgw?width=3264&height=2448&cropmode=none.jpg

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Clear bra. I did suntek Ultra on the majority of the truck. Ran about 5k. Or don't off-road. Or just let the paint suffer :)

OP
OP
Lasercat

Lasercat

Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but $5000+ seems like a lot of money to spend on vinyl wrap. I understand it takes a fair bit of skill and effort to install, but you could get a whole new paint job for that much money.

Does anyone with a wrap do any offroading? How does the wrap hold up to trees? I'd be concerned that branches would tear through the wrap itself, but maybe I just don't understand the technology fully.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Maybe it's just me, but $5000+ seems like a lot of money to spend on vinyl wrap. I understand it takes a fair bit of skill and effort to install, but you could get a whole new paint job for that much money.

Does anyone with a wrap do any offroading? How does the wrap hold up to trees? I'd be concerned that branches would tear through the wrap itself, but maybe I just don't understand the technology fully.

I've got the clear bra on mine and i've had some head on encounters with mesquite trees and it scratches the clear bra, but not the paint. It doesn't look pretty, but the paint was saved.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
So last weekend I hit some pretty wild trails and had a great time, but the trails got very narrow in places and I ended up with a bunch of scratches on my clear coat. I was able to get them all out with some Scratch-X and a lot of work, but it got me thinking about protection.

There are a bunch of different solutions out there for more common off road vehicles (jeeps) but not a lot that I can find for trucks in general. In fact, it seems like a clear bra might be the only option, based upon my limited research. So, I figured I'd ask here and see what you guys actually use in practice.

Also, here's a couple bonus truck pics :)

DPPIxH3xHgPmg?width=3264&height=2448&cropmode=none.jpg

LuyEsd-irvdgw?width=3264&height=2448&cropmode=none.jpg

Here's how I plan on doing it! Cheers!

b6e455a7a3779b362f869005b71afbb2.jpg

f2c9308265c3779ee8ee7ead0ec81a19.jpg3010426196b571839a0e351573977171.jpgfd87c427f48652034dd89a3f6fa650e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk