Help...lol

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying plastic dip on my fenders.. didn't mask anything.. and the excess got all over my hood and headlights.. How do I remove this safely with out hurting the paint and clear coat? lol

first time here... :hahano:

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure he is saying that it's like overspray. That being said, you probably need to buff the paint. And next time...put a little thought into it prior to spraying anything on your vehicle!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was trying plastic dip on my fenders.. didn't mask anything.. and the excess got all over my hood and headlights.. How do I remove this safely with out hurting the paint and clear coat? lol

first time here... :hahano:

Go to your local parts store like Autozone, Pep Boys or even Walmart and pick up the Meguiars clay bar kit. The clay will take the overspray right off with no drama.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go to your local parts store like Autozone, Pep Boys or even Walmart and pick up the Meguiars clay bar kit. The clay will take the overspray right off with no drama.

Thanks!

Will try that tomorrow.. right now Autozone is closed..

btw, someone told me DW-40 would work..or grease and wax removal spray..or solvent?

I have DW-40 at home.. should I give it a try? or just wait and get the clay bar tomorrow?

Its bugging the F out of me..

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Will try that tomorrow.. right now Autozone is closed..

btw, someone told me DW-40 would work..or grease and wax removal spray..or solvent?

I have DW-40 at home.. should I give it a try? or just wait and get the clay bar tomorrow?

Its bugging the F out of me..

WD-40 can be used to remove adhesive, tar, paint etc. but I would stick to the clay. Nice coating of the spray lube included in the Meguiars Clay Kit and then the clay will take it right off. I would just wait. You shouldn't have any trouble removing it tomorrow. If it's just overspray I would use clay. If there is a decent amount and you can't wait use WD-40 but immediately wash the paint afterwards. And DON"T get it on your grille, bumper or fender flares. DON'T DO IT.

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WD-40 can be used to remove adhesive, tar, paint etc. but I would stick to the clay. Nice coating of the spray lube included in the Meguiars Clay Kit and then the clay will take it right off. I would just wait. You shouldn't have any trouble removing it tomorrow. If it's just overspray I would use clay. If there is a decent amount and you can't wait use WD-40 but immediately wash the paint afterwards. And DON"T get it on your grille, bumper or fender flares. DON'T DO IT.

Okay.. I will wait.

Thanks!

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea...use solvent on your car. If I were you I would stop giving this anymore thought and go pay someone to fix it for you.

At what point did using a solvent on your $60k truck sound ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk