GEN 2 Has anyone installed factory Graphics themselves?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pappvol

Reaction score
So I happened upon some OEM Raptor Graphics. I have called around and for whatever reason the local shops with any kind of a good reputation won't install them. Should I DYI this project or keep looking?

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did the OEM hood graphics myself - Let me preface that I usually suck at anything like applying stickers. I used a slip solution and it was VERY easy. At least the hood graphics are very thick, which makes it easy to slide into place then squeegee. I used a solution called RapidTac which I highly recommend. I would think the side graphics would be just as easy.

ChaseU

Reaction score
I did the OEM hood graphics myself - Let me preface that I usually suck at anything like applying stickers. I used a slip solution and it was VERY easy. At least the hood graphics are very thick, which makes it easy to slide into place then squeegee. I used a solution called RapidTac which I highly recommend. I would think the side graphics would be just as easy.

+1 on the slip solution. You just must must must use this when applying large decals and it allows you to reposition them and get it just perfect. My truck had the decals already applied but the hood and box surfaces seem fairly free of contours so it should be straight forward.

Helopilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can spend the money on RapidTac if you’d like but it’s way cheaper to make it yourself:

4 drops liquid dishsoap (less is better than more)

1/2 cup isopropyl alcohol

3 1/2 cups water

use a fine mister spay bottle for the best results.

You can also purchase a vinyl application squeegee or you can just get a plastic wallpaper smoothing tool and a piece of self sticking felt and wrap a piece over the leading edge of the smoothing tool and you have exactly the same thing you’d pay three times more for if you bought a vinyl application tool kit.

The last thing I would recommend would be a heat gun. You probably won’t need it for the hood, but it might come in handy on the rear fenders because of the curves.

Google “installing vinyl graphics on a car” and watch a couple of YouTube videos. It isn’t difficult to do, I know-I did the pillars on both mine and my wife’s and also the front grill “FORD” lettering. After doing those I put a large hood piece on mine that required the use of the heat gun.

Because of the length of the OEM stickers I might recommend having a second person to hold one end so you don’t have it flopping around and getting dirty while your trying to put it on.

I’d attach a couple of pics, but I’m sitting at a helibase away from home until Tuesday so I don’t have access to my truck right now. I can add a couple of pics after I get home next week if you would like.

Good Luck!

OP
OP
P

pappvol

Reaction score
You can spend the money on RapidTac if you’d like but it’s way cheaper to make it yourself:

4 drops liquid dishsoap (less is better than more)

1/2 cup isopropyl alcohol

3 1/2 cups water

use a fine mister spay bottle for the best results.

You can also purchase a vinyl application squeegee or you can just get a plastic wallpaper smoothing tool and a piece of self sticking felt and wrap a piece over the leading edge of the smoothing tool and you have exactly the same thing you’d pay three times more for if you bought a vinyl application tool kit.

The last thing I would recommend would be a heat gun. You probably won’t need it for the hood, but it might come in handy on the rear fenders because of the curves.

Google “installing vinyl graphics on a car” and watch a couple of YouTube videos. It isn’t difficult to do, I know-I did the pillars on both mine and my wife’s and also the front grill “FORD” lettering. After doing those I put a large hood piece on mine that required the use of the heat gun.

Because of the length of the OEM stickers I might recommend having a second person to hold one end so you don’t have it flopping around and getting dirty while your trying to put it on.

I’d attach a couple of pics, but I’m sitting at a helibase away from home until Tuesday so I don’t have access to my truck right now. I can add a couple of pics after I get home next week if you would like.

Good Luck!

Thanks for all the suggestions I got the news today that Ford is going to have them installed on Monday. My truck was getting wet sanded and recleared because of dirt in the paint so they agreed to do it at no charge. Along with a install on the icon leveling perches. Of course I paid for that.

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much are OEM hood stripes when you buy them not installed from factory?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c6vette

Reaction score
I installed the rear graphics myself using rapid-tac spray. Wasn't too bad at all. Should have had another person help me just due to the size of the decal but even doing it alone it still came out pretty good. My truck didn't come with any graphics but I got the dealer to give me a set for the rear free as part of the sale. Seeing how it's an $1100 option I think it was a good move.