Had to replace a fender flare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCRappy

Reaction score
When I arrived at the dealer to pick up my raptor that I had ordered I noticed the driver's rear fender flare had some contamination in the paint. There was an area about 3" in diameter that was affected, looking almost like dirt was on the flare before it was painted ( see pic ). I had the dealer order me a new flare ( at their expense) and I just installed it today, as illustrated below.

Attachments

• IMG_2727.JPG
    IMG_2727.JPG
    48.6 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_2728.JPG
    IMG_2728.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_2729.JPG
    IMG_2729.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 189

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get that old flare!!! If you kept it.

The first, and last time the wife drove my truck she put a deep scuff on my flare. your old one looks far better than what my wife did to mine lol

OP
OP
NCRappy

NCRappy

Reaction score
Dealer wanted it back after I installed so they could send to Ford for evaluation. Sorry man, I would've given it too you.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let me get that old flare!!! If you kept it.

The first, and last time the wife drove my truck she put a deep scuff on my flare. your old one looks far better than what my wife did to mine lol

New flair is less than $200 and it comes painted. Won’t get into how I know other than to say it was the wife!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

copb8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming into my garage I have to turn sharp and get less than 2" from the door frame to give myself enough room to slip between the truck and lift post to get out of the garage. I'm pretty sure that 'one day' over the next 6 years I'm going to brain fart and and tap that wall. Maybe I should buy the replacement flare now.

Or lose 40lbs and give myself another inch of clearance to squeeze by.

Naaaah........