A Good Custom Bed Rack?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorCoastie

NorCal Raptor Runs
Reaction score
Some may see this question as miss placed, but this is the closest place I feel it could go. So bare with me. Plus the people reading this are going to most likely be the most knowledgable about the subject.

Like most of us reading through the Gen 2 section here, I am eagerly anticipating the release of the new Raptor. I told wifey I wouldn't be messing with it as much as the current truck, but we all know that won't last long. I already have a laundry list of items I want to add or modify with the truck. All tasteful, don't worry.

But seeing as this is a brand new model year, complete with new body style, internals, externals, and all that jazz, it's not so easy to find certain parts right away. I am in no means in a hurry, but my question is this:

Since the truck does not have a predecessor in regards to body styling, who is a good manufacturer or shop that I would be able to go to for something like a bed rack? Very similar to this:
Xfv3R1K.jpg

I know nothing will be readily available, so something "custom" would be likely. That rack shown is made by CBI. I'm going to be contacting them closer to the actual release of the truck, but does anyone else have name I can go look into?

We are a few months away from anything still happening, so I feel silly even asking, but I just want to get an idea or two and I've done enough Google images searches and still don't come up with anything better than the CBI rack.

Thank you and maybe a manufacturer will see this and want a test mule come later this year! :happy107:

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
custom overland travel rack

RaptorCoastie,
There is a shop in NC that makes Aluminum ladder racks for pickups that have to be seen to be appreciated. Similar to the higher quality "Tuna towers" on high end sportfisher boats, the welds are works of art.
I would bet you could get a custom touring rack fabricated based off on one of these racks...
Eddie

ps Can't remember the manufacturer's name but similar to picture.

http://ryderracks.com/ ?

Attachments

• high-speed-welding-16449_800x600.jpg
    high-speed-welding-16449_800x600.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 145
  • high-speed-welding-501_800x600.jpg
    high-speed-welding-501_800x600.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 102
  • high-speed-welding-1367_800x600.jpg
    high-speed-welding-1367_800x600.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 172
Last edited: