Gen1 Bakflip G2 to Gen2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just got rid of my '14 and jumped in a '17. I took my Corsa Extreme, Bakflip G2 and Pedal Commander off. The Corsa and Pedal Commander will not work on the new one, and according to Bak's website the cover will not work either. I called Bak to see if I could order just the new rails or whatever pieces were necessary, and I was told that there is no way it will work, won't fit, it will leak etc. and i must buy a new one. After doing some very quick measurements of my dads '16 F150 Platinum G2, I said they are full of it. 2 days later and here we are. The proof is in the pictures, and it fits like a glove. Just wanted to let everyone know. There might be some differences, but it has to be so minimal that it doesn't matter. They just wanted me to buy another one.
D0C108A2-D494-4E0F-B802-B2EF4862CD6F.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

IMG_1991.jpg

IMG_1992.jpg

shelteredraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. No shit. Did you have to modify the rails or anything? I had a first run F1 on my '10 and it was about wore out so I was happy to get a fresh one with the new features. But yours looks fresh, so good work!

OP
OP
J

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. No shit. Did you have to modify the rails or anything? I had a first run F1 on my '10 and it was about wore out so I was happy to get a fresh one with the new features. But yours looks fresh, so good work!

No modification necessary. Yea I got lucky that it fit, and it's in great shape because it's only about 5 months old. Haha. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this still working well for you? i have an F1 from my '13 that i was trying to sell. I called Bak as well asking the same thing you did. I did not try to fit it though. I will have to try tonight.

OP
OP
J

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It has worked flawlessly. It has seen countless hours of hard rain (even some of hurricane Harvey) and it was dry as can be.

Zach.RealTruck

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It has worked flawlessly. It has seen countless hours of hard rain (even some of hurricane Harvey) and it was dry as can be.

The only thing Bak changed was the angle of the rails and started installing different shims. The bed dimensions are the same. While you are the first to report no leaking with this transition. We've had numerous customers call us and say that they've switched them over no problem but that the rails now allow quite a bit of water underneath.

OP
OP
J

jdubub

#AllRaptorsMatter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing Bak changed was the angle of the rails and started installing different shims. The bed dimensions are the same. While you are the first to report no leaking with this transition. We've had numerous customers call us and say that they've switched them over no problem but that the rails now allow quite a bit of water underneath.

I guess I just got lucky then. The only thing I need to still do is seal around the tailgate.

Chayse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is great news. i'll work on getting mine on this weekend. Hopefully it will stay dry as well. Otherwise, i'm sure I can get a new rail kit. That is actually what i called them about when I first got the new truck. I asked what changed and they would not give me a straight answer. Actually i doubt the person on the phone knew.