Fugly Tailagate gone??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MatMan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gone, on hiatus,

They're having issues with the 2016 bedside molding taking on a white ashen sun rotted look. Which the rear facia would also be made of in all likelihood.

Lots of owners being told to use back to black type products after 2 month old trucks are turning white and weather beaten under that huge fireball in the sky.

My guess is their re-working the chemistry to make it more durable, less porous.

All speculation of course, but based on what I'm hearing about the bedside molding and tailgate composite material. And based on a 3rd party experience with the dealer on a new 2016 Eco. The tech pretty much gave the customer his can and said get used to using this..

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not gone, on hiatus,

They're having issues with the 2016 bedside molding taking on a white ashen sun rotted look. Which the rear facia would also be made of in all likelihood.

Lots of owners being told to use back to black type products after 2 month old trucks are turning white and weather beaten under that huge fireball in the sky.

My guess is their re-working the chemistry to make it more durable, less porous.

All speculation of course, but based on what I'm hearing about the bedside molding and tailgate composite material. And based on a 3rd party experience with the dealer on a new 2016 Eco. The tech pretty much gave the customer his can and said get used to using this..

I really hope they just scrap it. It looks way better without.