Front plate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cali is a front plate state.....

Ive gottten a few on my Vette. Fix it tix. I refuse to drill holes in my bumper. The grill mounts block flow and the hideaway looks lame.
Every time I get one (3 times in 7 years)use a lil double sided tape and stick it to the bumper. The plate also has 2 screw heads glued on it. I get it signed off and rip it off when I get down the street. Yea im stubborn.

I told the dealer explicitly not to mount my plate if it requires drilling. They are supposed to but most are cool about it.

Digging up this thread. I took delivery last week and am curious how I can get around blocking the IC for the front plate. Where I live, we have to mount a surf-fishing plate when we drive on the beach. I'd like to be able to use a temporary (no hole) solution to be able quickly mount the plate and take it off when we get back on the pavement. Double-sided tape seems like a good idea but not sure how that would hold up while driving in soft sand in 90 degree summer days? Thoughts?

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, yea double sided tape may come off. The only thing I can think of that is not permanent but semi solid is zip ties. Its either that or rig up a hideaway plate bracket. Something like this isnt as strait forward on the Raptor but itll give you and idea.

Hideaway License Plate: New Removable Front License Plate Bracket

Thanks for the feedback. Zip ties might work. Would be cool to slip the plate into a clear plastic bag/envelope and using straps., "wrap" it around the front bumper for temporary (no residue, holes or brackets), then just strip it off when done...

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are lots of brackets out there. Do a google search for no drill plate bracket. You'll get the jist of what they look like. Then go look at your truck and make something that actually works. It typically only takes a few holes drilled into some flat stock, then some bolts to hold it. Weld it if you have access to welding. If you do it right, you can then sell $1 worth of metal to everyone on the Jen2 forum for $30 or so. Step 3- profit.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Put a 2 inch reciever on the front. Slip winch or whatever into it.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm thinking about going with a side mount like I had on my 2011 and 2014 Ecoboosts. thinking.gif

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are lots of brackets out there. Do a google search for no drill plate bracket. You'll get the jist of what they look like. Then go look at your truck and make something that actually works. It typically only takes a few holes drilled into some flat stock, then some bolts to hold it. Weld it if you have access to welding. If you do it right, you can then sell $1 worth of metal to everyone on the Jen2 forum for $30 or so. Step 3- profit.

Yep, did that albeit only for a 5-10 mins. I'm really looking for one that can pop off and on quickly with minimal effort. Not interested in any permanent/semi-permanent solution.