Front license installation affect on cooling.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pulp

Reaction score
I'm in Utah where, unfortunately, installing a front license plate is mandatory. Does anyone know if installing the front license plate has any affect on cooling? If so I'll probably leave it off as long as possible, who knows, maybe the cops don't care...

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I've see a few Raptors with the plate over the front bumper bump stop.
Not in the middle.
Ford recommends if you off road to remove it if it's center mounted while off-roading for obvious reasons.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
A stainless L bracket on top of bumper at left side. Protects plate and makes minimal air flow disturbance to rad and cooler

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I'm in Utah where, unfortunately, installing a front license plate is mandatory. Does anyone know if installing the front license plate has any affect on cooling? If so I'll probably leave it off as long as possible, who knows, maybe the cops don't care...

Don’t. Most will not care, but, there is a substantial contingent of cops who are die hard advocates of traffic enforcement for the sake of traffic enforcement. You’ll be fine for a while until you do one of 2 things.

1) you trip over the local ticket writing competitors
2) you draw the unwanted attention of a cop who would otherwise had left you alone but he/she observed you doing something they don’t approve of. Doesn’t matter if it’s illegal, it matters that they don’t like it.

And it’s an insurance moving violation; works against both points (license) and what you pay for insurance.

don’t fall victim to a chicken shit citation like ‘failure to display front plate’.

I got stopped by a local deputy once who observed me swerve to avoid a knucklehead who cut across 3 lanes of 50mph traffic to make a turn lane at the last minute. Our conversation was brief and ended with us both mutually agreeing there was nothing to see here. I did manage to get him to admit he’d seen the knucklehead gratuitously cut me off.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Left plastic pad has radar for adaptive cruise control and cannot be covered by plate as in previous models of ecoboostg

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Left plastic pad has radar for adaptive cruise control and cannot be covered by plate as in previous models of ecoboostg

So right (passenger?) side ok?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro