Front Bumper Paint issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

R-Raptor

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the front bumper, the paint is peeling and the truck currently has about 6k miles it was a March build. Took it in and they took pictures and did a "tape Peel" test. This started about a month ago, its a lot worse now and I'm still waiting on ford to approve for a replacement. If anyone else is having these same issues please comment.

Attachments

• Bumper1.jpg
    Bumper1.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Bumper2.jpg
    Bumper2.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 111
  • Bumper3.jpg
    Bumper3.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 112

ChevyChad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn, thats terrible! I took my stock bumper off at around 3k miles. It just sits in the garage for now until someone buys it, but it doesnt have any paint peeling on it. Mine was a Feb build iirc.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen that yet but they 100% need to replace it.

OP
OP
R

R-Raptor

Reaction score
Yes, they do need to replace it or repair it. The paint is so weak that it comes off with my regular house water hose. I cant picture it, if I would use a pressure washer. I know fords paint is thin but this is ridiculous.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine started peeling on the silver fake skid plate area - having entire area Line X

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to see this....I would expect them to repaint....a good body shop would probably make it better than a replacement from Ford.

OP
OP
R

R-Raptor

Reaction score
Well got the approval from Ford on Friday and dropped it off Saturday( I got an awesome loaner, base Fusion) . They said they were going to repaint it which I'm fine with that.

RAPTORATX

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can someone provide the paint code for the bumper? It's somewhere in this forum but can't find it.

thanks