Ford Tail Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you band a tank you weld a piece of aluminium around the tank. The tank is all pockmarked and rotted. But you are the expert so carry on . I am saying if I could of ordered the truck with out the plastic on tailgate I would of for longevity.
Let's assume you're right and in ten years the tailgate rots. Oh noooo, then what does he do?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Aluminium rims look bad a long time before 10 years without maintenance.. I guess Ford uses some super duper new fangled technology for a tailgate. Personally its a piece of aluminium that needs to be washed

Fly5150

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aluminium rims look bad a long time before 10 years without maintenance.. I guess Ford uses some super duper new fangled technology for a tailgate. Personally its a piece of aluminium that needs to be washed

Painted aluminum rims look bad? Maybe bare aluminum but isn't the tailgate painted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I will reiterate, not bare metal... painted and clear coated. There are many reasons one may not want the appliqué, but this should not be one of them.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tailgate Applique Added to my standard tailgate

I bought a dealer ordered truck, no appliqué. Really wanted it, but would not pass on the price I was getting on the truck. Ordered the appliqué from Fairway Ford on Ebay, took it to my local Ford Body Shop. They shaved all of the plastic mounting clips off of the appliqué and epoxied it to my standard tailgate.

Attachments

• IMG_1919.jpg
    IMG_1919.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_1922.jpg
    IMG_1922.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 48

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before Shot

Figured I better add proof that it was indeed a standard tailgate!! NO PICS, NO PROOF RIGHT.

Attachments

• IMG_1901.jpg
    IMG_1901.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 35