Ford Tail Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. Is it possible to order blacked out or greyed out ford badges, i thought i saw it someone where on the forum but i can find it now.

RappyGraphics can hook you up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. Is it possible to order blacked out or greyed out ford badges, i thought i saw it someone where on the forum but i can find it now.

I am still trying to figure out which one to get my non-applique back Raptor rear.... I want one of those billet ones vs. just a painted one... want to avoid simply putting a sticker on it.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That chunk of plastic just holds a bunch of crap behind it and rots the tailgate. Everytime it rains you have mud streaks from the bottom of the plastic

Rot is just a poor choice of words, when aluminum oxidizes it forms a thin protective layer which slows corrosion unlike steel.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And that thin protective layer does squat when exposed to road slop in an enclosed area. Like I said, look at what the fuel tank bands do to a aluminium tank. It rots them

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And that thin protective layer does squat when exposed to road slop in an enclosed area. Like I said, look at what the fuel tank bands do to a aluminium tank. It rots them

Like you said you replace the steel bands... the aluminum may not look pretty anymore but again rot is not the word.

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When you band a tank you weld a piece of aluminium around the tank. The tank is all pockmarked and rotted. But you are the expert so carry on . I am saying if I could of ordered the truck with out the plastic on tailgate I would of for longevity.

Bigbo076

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you band a tank you weld a piece of aluminium around the tank. The tank is all pockmarked and rotted. But you are the expert so carry on . I am saying if I could of ordered the truck with out the plastic on tailgate I would of for longevity.

Really no expertise at all, actually could be totally wrong. I just don't see any chance of the tailgate rotting, it's not raw metal under there it's painted and clear coated. Guess time will tell.

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really no expertise at all, actually could be totally wrong. I just don't see any chance of the tailgate rotting, it's not raw metal under there it's painted and clear coated. Guess time will tell.

It's rot ******** it! He said so!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dewalt

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If aluminium stays perfect why do rims go goofy? Are they different than a tailgate in composition? Why are aluminium rims tarred to seal them as they age?

marmot99

Reaction score
Agree aluminum will corrode/oxidize with time and without the ability to clean it off, the Gen 1 fox shocks became pock marked from road salt ect. I went without the applique for this reason.