Ford performance skid plates

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ah just make your own. That’s how I roll.

1/4” aluminum and protects everything forward of the gas tank.

Very nice work!

1/4 inch aluminum isn't going to offer much in the way of actual crash protection though. It may keep gunk and road grime out of the underside that's for sure.

Swarfworks

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice work!

1/4 inch aluminum isn't going to offer much in the way of actual crash protection though. It may keep gunk and road grime out of the underside that's for sure.

Thanks!

Being that the RCI Metalworks ones are available in 1/4” aluminum and Foutz’s are 3/16” aluminum I’d say it’ll be sufficient. I mostly just wanted something better than the pathetic stamped sheet metal oem ones.

OP
OP
G

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I disagree.

A good 1/4 inch aircraft grade aluminum is going to offer a lot of impact protection for small and medium rocks, sharp sticks, limbs, etc.

It’s heavily gusseted by the frame itself the way it mounts, it acts as a great “sled” to slide over obstacles... will prevent the undercarriage from loading up with mud or snow.

It’ll do it all while adding a minuscule amount of weight.

Very nice work!

aschiller98

Reaction score
For the price, the ford performance skids are a joke, you can bash in the factory one many times and replace it before meeting the price of a ford performance one. The aftermarket bumpers and skids are much better performance for the price

SpeedJunkie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get them? installed? I am probably going this route but waiting on your pics and review. Thanks!

Not yet. I just picked up my Raptor yesterday. I did have the steel RCI plates on my 2015 F150 that I traded on the Raptor and I liked them a lot. However I will probably go with the aluminum ones on the Raptor to save weight.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
59af0a4871e03.jpg

rettags

Reaction score
Anyone have pics of how the RCI plates line up on the Raptor? RCI confirmed they fit, but the engine plate ends just under the radiator, so it doesn't tuck into the bumper like the current stock piece does.