Ford Emblem on Non-Applique Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wesleywest

Reaction score
Anybody know where I could find a replacement emblem that matches the "F150" and "Raptor"

The big blue emblem just doesn't match to my eyes. I've seen some on eBay for the 2016 model year F150, but I'm not sure those will work.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 528

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I could find a replacement emblem that matches the "F150" and "Raptor"

The big blue emblem just doesn't match to my eyes. I've seen some on eBay for the 2016 model year F150, but I'm not sure those will work.

I ordered duplicate "Raptor" emblems from the dealer and installed them on each front door. I was charged $30 something for each "Raptor" emblem. Keep in mind that I am talking about the small emblem on the tailgate, not the vinyl graphics.

Last edited:

ron.bumpus

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I ordered a gloss black badge with silver lettering on it on Ebay
downatthebuilding on eBay

TheWolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How difficult is the swap?....Are there holes with double sided sticky tape?

I don't know how the emblem on the '17 is attached, but the '14 only had two posts with metal retainer clips, and you could remove it by getting a small screwdriver under and and pulling straight back.

My guess is the '17 has alignment posts and foam tape, as this was the case on the '16 Explorer. For that one, I used fishing line to "saw" through the tape, and since it had alignment posts, I had to saw with the line from all four directions.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How difficult is the swap?....Are there holes with double sided sticky tape?

There are alignment posts, clips and adhesive. It's not to hard to remove.

Line the area around it with masking tape to prevent damage to the paint
Heat the area to soften the adhesive
Pry up with a trim tool

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir