GEN 2 First mod- Replaced tailgate badge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
Awesome. Overlay or a whole new emblem? I just plastidipped mine black and looks better imo

OP
OP
Kelso

Kelso

Reaction score
Awesome. Overlay or a whole new emblem? I just plastidipped mine black and looks better imo

Whole new emblem. Snagged it off eBay and just swapped it out. The blue seemed out of place since everything else on the truck is black and grey!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would never do that to MY truck...I think it looks like crap!

:biggrin:::biggrin:::biggrin:::biggrin:::biggrin:::biggrin::

Attachments

• 20170819_231234.jpg
    20170819_231234.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 100

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced the stock blue Ford emblem on the tail with a magnetic and black one. Took me about 5 minutes but makes all the different IMO.

So, I had about 15 minutes before I had to go somewhere, and tried to replace mine. I couldn't get the damned thing to budge! You said you did yours in 5. Any tricks? I used the heat gun on the emblem, then tried to push the pins out from inside the tailgate. Nada. Then I had to put it back together so I wouldn't be late. Haven't touched in since.

OP
OP
Kelso

Kelso

Reaction score
Is the black shiny or matte?

Also, how do you swap them out?

The black is shiny. To swap it out I just opened the tailgate and unscrewed the 8 screws in the inside of the tailgate to remove the cover. I used a torx 25 bit to unscrew them. That give you access inside the tailgate and from there I just popped the old one out by pinching the clips (see picture) and gently pushing them down and out. There's five of them. It might take some pliers but I got mine out by hand fairly easily. 82b7098844c104f220cbe55f19ae1ad2.jpg

CFIT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The black is shiny. To swap it out I just opened the tailgate and unscrewed the 8 screws in the inside of the tailgate to remove the cover. I used a torx 25 bit to unscrew them. That give you access inside the tailgate and from there I just popped the old one out by pinching the clips (see picture) and gently pushing them down and out. There's five of them. It might take some pliers but I got mine out by hand fairly easily. 82b7098844c104f220cbe55f19ae1ad2.jpg

I thought I read that there is double sided tape behind there too. If so, did you use fishing line to cut the tape first?

photoneffect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If anyone is interested I have one that's powder coated "Black Anti-Skid". It's a solid aluminum piece from Billet Badges. Ended up not being happy with it as I don't think it goes with my white Raptor. Just too dark. Would go great on a darker color Raptor. Comes with mounting hardware and 3M tape from the manufacturer of the emblem. Would let it go for $100.

Attachments

• badge.jpg
    badge.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 64
OP
OP
Kelso

Kelso

Reaction score
I thought I read that there is double sided tape behind there too. If so, did you use fishing line to cut the tape first?

There was a little double sided tape shaped like the emblem but it came right out when I pulled it by hand.