GEN 2 Fender vent not seating properly

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guido

Reaction score
Picked up my 2017 Raptor this passed Tuesday while it was raining out. I would have figured dealer would have it inside so I can inspect the truck before taking delivery. I was assured that there was nothing wrong with it so I inspected the best I could and took delivery. Drove it to work next day and went out to lunch and noticed a paint chip under my driver side fender vent. I was so freaking pissed off. Called the dealer and told the sales person I wasn't happy and had them send me a can of touch-up paint. So next day I was good about it because I know at some point I would get a paint chip or scratch in it anyway. That day going out to lunch again, I started to inspect the area to notice the vent wasn't snapped in all the way, so I start applying a little pressure to the vent but couldn't get it to seat. Looking a bit closer I noticed one of the snaps is bent and not inserted into the snap hole. To me it looks like it was an assembly issue at that plant while being built or someone was trying to remove the vent to reseat it and chipped the paint. Could it have been the dealer and that's why they had it out in the rain so I wouldn't noticed the chip? Hmmmm???? You can actually see the bent snap through the vent slots in middle pic.
Anybody else have this vent issue or heard of it?
Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20170128_065910.jpg
    IMG_20170128_065910.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_20170128_065922.jpg
    IMG_20170128_065922.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_20170128_065938.jpg
    IMG_20170128_065938.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 98
Last edited:

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Probably some typical jo at plant, delivery or dealer. Similar situation happened to me. Try n have the dealer fix it. Only cause it's new. I've come to learn to TRY not to sweat the dings and scratches by reminding myself all the dings, etc go with it when I trade it back in or sell. Then I remember it just sucks on a new Raptor.
Remember it can be fixed and you can forget all about it if you do fix it. Congratulations !

pinoybruin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dealer should take care of it. Seems all around they have been taking care of small things like that. They ordered me a new rear fender guard bc mine was scratched

OP
OP
G

Guido

Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm afraid they will F something else up. I was thinking if the dealer would order me a new fender that is painted from the factory. Would that match my paint or would there be a difference?

hamster

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys!

I'm afraid they will F something else up. I was thinking if the dealer would order me a new fender that is painted from the factory. Would that match my paint or would there be a difference?

Unlikely they will do that. And if do not trust them to fix the vent and chip, then not sure I would trust them to replace the fender. And don't think you can get painted one from factory.

OP
OP
G

Guido

Reaction score
Follow-up to my current post.....

So, just to show everyone what I'm dealing with here. Washed the truck the weekend of taking delivery and found these issues on top of the issues I've mentioned in this post. Ford really needs to take responsibility of this garbage they sold me and order me a new truck. This is totally unacceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGkbb11R2LU&t=230s

Clfraptor

Reaction score
Sorry to see the scratch, these dealers can be slick when pushing this truck out the door. I had the same issue with mine but no scratch. A little pound took care of it.

---------- Post added 04-17-2017 at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-16-2017 at 11:53 PM ----------

Dude there is no way they are going to replace truck. I missed a gas gauge issue at delivery and already had to get my tank dropped. They do not do proper pre inspections at ford or at the dealers but if you miss anything they have you by the balls.

I'm here in NJ and actually need to get my door painted already bc the landscapers shot a rock into it. I can let you know how the paint match goes if your willing to take a trip. It is a ford body shop that is doing my work. Pm me if your interested.

Best of luck to you

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Replace the entire truck for that? That is completely unreasonable and no way it is going to happen.

cmacclel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When you showed the top did you not see that huge piece of dust on the paint. That truck is a mess I would be pissed!

4:11 in the video.