Favorite Cleaning Products / Tips

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jchawk

Reaction score
Just washed the truck today and was wondering -- anyone have any special tips and tricks? I know it's a stupid question but figured maybe I could learn a thing or two.

Any one have tips for the front grill -- drying it by hand is a bit of a pain in the ass. Maybe air blow it next time?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Just washed the truck today and was wondering -- anyone have any special tips and tricks? I know it's a stupid question but figured maybe I could learn a thing or two.

Any one have tips for the front grill -- drying it by hand is a bit of a pain in the ass. Maybe air blow it next time?

I use all Adams polishes products... I also use a foam cannon with a pressure washer this cuts washing the tank at least in half.

As far as the grille I use a leaf blower or air compressor whichever I feel like pulling out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

jchawk

Reaction score
I use all Adams polishes products... I also use a foam cannon with a pressure washer this cuts washing the tank at least in half.

As far as the grille I use a leaf blower or air compressor whichever I feel like pulling out.

I have both air/leaf as well. Good call.

Got a link to the foam cannon you use?

miula

Reaction score
I use a modified Sun Joe SPX4001 with a Mosmatic spray gun and MTM Hydro PF22 foam canon with Adam's shampoo. Milwaukee M18 FUEL leaf blower to dry along with my trusty The Rag Company microfibers. I mainly use Adam's, AMMO NYC and CarPro products...

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wash with Chemical Guys honey dew in a MTM foam cannon and two bucket method
Use 3rd bucket for wheels. Use APC (4:1)
Dry with leaf blower
Wipe down with Meguiar's spray wax
VRT on tires and plastic.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do you guys recommend for the running boards. I want them to be blacker.

AdamsPolishes

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Tips & tricks? You bet! Check out the Adam's Polishes Detailing Guide and Quick Reference Thread.

It has just about everything you need to know to keep your Raptor protected and looking great, with some links to helpful write-ups.

While a leaf blower can be used to dry the grill, there are a few downsides. If the blower is also used for yard work, they can collect dust, dirt or leaf debris in the blower, which can they get knocked loose and end up on your clean truck. Also, a gas blower has oil in the exhaust, which gets sucked into the blower and onto the truck. These blowers can also be a bit awkward to use, since they are heavier and have longer nozzles, which also pose a risk of bumping in to truck and scratching it.

A dedicated dryer like the Sidekick Blaster has a filter to keep the air clean, and also heats the air to aid in drying. Add a short hose, and it is also easier to use to get the water out of all the cracks and crevices, something that is much harder to do with a leaf blower.

What do you guys recommend for the running boards. I want them to be blacker.

Use our Tire & Rubber Cleaner if they are really dirty, or just Car Wash Shampoo if they are only dusty. Keep in mind that you should only use a dedicated cleaner on the running boards when absolutely needed. Since these types of higher pH cleaners can actually speed the rate of fading, they should only be used when a milder cleaner, in conjunction with scrubbing and rinsing, does not get them clean.

Once you get them cleaned, try our VRT Dressing to help make them a darker color. You may need a few different applications, as part of your normal washing routine, to get some darker color back into the running board material.

The VRT can make them a little slick, so do not over-apply, since only so much product can actually soak in before it air dries, and any product left sitting on top of the surface can be very slippery, especially when it gets wet. About 20 minutes after applying, you can go back over it with a dry towel to remove any excess, and then let it dry, preferably overnight.