F O R D on Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**Title error, meant Tailgate :) :)

One thing that's always bugged me a bit is the giant F O R D on my grille. I've got no problem with Ford as a company but I kind of feel like a mobile billboard for them. To each his own but to me, the less lettering on my truck the better.

If the new model's tailgate matches what we've seen so far, we can expect to have an even larger F O R D on the tailgate.

Your thoughts on if the final build will have the giant letters on the tailgate? Or, will they default to the standard f-150 scheme?

I feel the same way. I'd change the grill if I could but I don't like the blingy replacement options, either.

I'm also thinking about de-badging my truck entirely.

03svt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't like the grill at first but the road yields when it's in their rear view and I love it as part of the reputation of the truck, but the tailgate should be left alone

WyoStorm

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The Ford on the tailgate is one of the few exterior features I like on the 2017. A little homage to the older Fords of yesteryear. Minority I know...

bmacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll keep the flamethrower out of this thread but I will say, I do hope the tailgate FORD is optional on the 17s. The "leaked" photos of the 17 test Raptors looks far better without it on the back. I also HATED the silver bar that plastered the back of my platinum.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The big FORD on the grill is what set this truck apart from the rest. Adds to the look and stance. No mistake of what you're driving.

The new "ram" grill on another brand....well, who makes the truck, the Chinese??

PropDr

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The big FORD on the grill is what set this truck apart from the rest. Adds to the look and stance. No mistake of what you're driving.

The new "ram" grill on another brand....well, who makes the truck, the Chinese??

The I-taliens, it's a 'Fiat'