F O R D on Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**Title error, meant Tailgate :) :)

One thing that's always bugged me a bit is the giant F O R D on my grille. I've got no problem with Ford as a company but I kind of feel like a mobile billboard for them. To each his own but to me, the less lettering on my truck the better.

If the new model's tailgate matches what we've seen so far, we can expect to have an even larger F O R D on the tailgate.

Your thoughts on if the final build will have the giant letters on the tailgate? Or, will they default to the standard f-150 scheme?

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
**Title error, meant Tailgate :) :)

One thing that's always bugged me a bit is the giant F O R D on my grille. I've got no problem with Ford as a company but I kind of feel like a mobile billboard for them. To each his own but to me, the less lettering on my truck the better.

If the new model's tailgate matches what we've seen so far, we can expect to have an even larger F O R D on the tailgate.

Your thoughts on if the final build will have the giant letters on the tailgate? Or, will they default to the standard f-150 scheme?

Supposedly it will be an option but no one knows. The grill is bad ass by the way and I think you will be the minority with this gripe.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When the Raptors first came out I hated the front grille but now I think it NEEDS to be there, its part of what makes the Raptor sweet.

And Ill just echo what was said earlier, the big Ford ***** stamp tailgate might be an option.

pirate air

will plunder your booty
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends...

What has your local ford tech told you as "factual" information, and what are your thoughts on the "all-new" transfer case??

Choose your words wisely, or prepare to don the flame suit.

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Depends...

What has your local ford tech told you as "factual" information, and what are your thoughts on the "all-new" transfer case??

Pirate how do I like this more than once haha!

OP
OP
SlasherMcGee

SlasherMcGee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends...

Sorry.. Yes, this was my mistake. Most of the 2017 threads seem to be flame wars and I want this one to be the same.

V6 ENGINE, WHAT?? ARE THEY CRAZY
MY FORD DEALER SAID RAPTOR BE BIG CRAZY 30 INCH DOUBLE ***** SHOCKS
WHY UGLY FRONT/REAR/SIDE/TOP
V6 ENGINE, YES, FINALLY!!
NO MORE SVT, LAME!!
FINALLY, NO MORE SVT, HOORAY!!

---------- Post added at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 PM ----------

Supposedly it will be an option but no one knows. The grill is bad ass by the way and I think you will be the minority with this gripe.

I like the grill as well.. Well, I should say, I like the brick front look, but not the big F O R D letters. I wish it was all brick.. Don't get me wrong though, I can see how most would like the current version(with the F O R D). It does break up the brick pattern nicely.