DIY Bed mods to keep off road supplies handy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed Liner + Fuel/Water storage + Pioneer gear.

This is the my '17 repeat of the bed mod I did on my '11 Raptor. 6+ years later, everything has held up great. Can't count how many times I've been able to get myself or someone else out of a jam by keeping a few helpful tools/supplies handy, secure, and out of the way in the truck bed.

Bill of Materials:

BED LINER (4hrs)
Raptor Bed Liner Kit.
Masking/Sanding Materials.
Application Gun

FUEL/WATER STORAGE (30 min)
Rotopax twin mount and containers
Drill, 3/16 bit, 3/16 x 3/8 aluminum pop rivets

PIONEER GEAR (1 hour)
Shovel, Pick, Axe of your choosing
Black spray paint
Quick Fist mounts (3 sets)
Drill, 3/16 bit, 3/16 x 1/2 aluminum pop rivets

Attachments

• 17Bed.jpg
    17Bed.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 265

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bed Liner + Fuel/Water storage + Pioneer gear.

This is the my '17 repeat of the bed mod I did on my '11 Raptor. 6+ years later, everything has held up great. Can't count how many times I've been able to get myself or someone else out of a jam by keeping a few helpful tools/supplies handy, secure, and out of the way in the truck bed.

Bill of Materials:

BED LINER (4hrs)
Raptor Bed Liner Kit.
Masking/Sanding Materials.
Application Gun

FUEL/WATER STORAGE (30 min)
Rotopax twin mount and containers
Drill, 3/16 bit, 3/16 x 3/8 aluminum pop rivets

PIONEER GEAR (1 hour)
Shovel, Pick, Axe of your choosing
Black spray paint
Quick Fist mounts (3 sets)
Drill, 3/16 bit, 3/16 x 1/2 aluminum pop rivets

So you drilled into the truck or is that just attacked to bed liner?

OP
OP
J.Bodolay

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liner kit used: 4 Liter, Black. (couldn't tell you which one of the variations). Bottles are designed to screw into the application gun. 3 bottles is enough to do the bed and rear wheel wells.

Spray over: I pulled the front bed plugs, gate, gate bumpers and the 8 tie down mounts and plugged all the holes. The bed bolts are still removable after coating. (I have only had to do this once on 9 trucks that I lined, but it was doable)

Mounting gear:
a) The Rotopax setup has a pre-drilled mounting bracket that holds the cans. Used the bracket as a template, drilled the box, de-burred and installed washers and aluminum pop rivets.
b) The pioneer gear was painted, and clamped into Quick Fist rubber mounting clamps. 1ea long aluminum 3/16 pop rivet through the clamp and into the side of the bed secures it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 12951

I am going to be doing the rear wheel wells. Do you think one bottle would be enough?

OP
OP
J.Bodolay

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to be doing the rear wheel wells. Do you think one bottle would be enough?

1 bottle will easily cover the rear wheel wells. Bed and wheel wells could have been done with 2 bottles if I had to. Make sure you have the correct mask/respirator and the best ventilation possible.