Discount Tire ordered wrong wheel offset...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered a set of 35x12.5x20 Ridge Grapplers on Black Rhino Warlord 20"
Well they ordered a -12 offset instead of the +12...
Excuse pictures, they are oriented right on my computer. Not sure how to fix
I don't mind the stance that much just concerned about it slinging stuff down side of truck.
Is there any other issues I should be concerned about running this offset?
They offered to get the correct ones ordered.
Help is appreciated!
Here is the result:

Attachments

• IMG_1063.jpg
    IMG_1063.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 146
  • IMG_1057.jpg
    IMG_1057.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 135

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll corner better, you'll wear out suspension/steering parts faster than normal, it might take a bit more steering effort and mpg will decrease slightly.

Make yourself happy, it's your baby. It does look good though:)

OP
OP
J

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll corner better, you'll wear out suspension/steering parts faster than normal, it might take a bit more steering effort and mpg will decrease slightly.

Make yourself happy, it's your baby. It does look good though:)

It has a mean stance no doubt.
But think I'm gonna have them get the right ones ordered. Push them back in an inch

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is nothing really to fix here if you ask me. I think that it looks good. You might get some mud flaps that stick out a little to protect the side of the truck. Plus you might have to reach out a little further at the McDonalds drive through.

You might ask discount tire to give you a discount due to their mistake or some flaps.

OP
OP
J

jgree32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you'll definitely be throwing rocks down the side of the truck.

Yeah, thats my hangup with it. Wife loves the look but don't want to trash paint.
In any case, if anyone wanted to see what -12 offset looks like I have good pics now lol.

roostinyfz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally love the negative offset. It's been my experience with the Raptor that it doesn't chip the paint very much with the runningboards there. I have ran mine with a more negative offset for 72,000 miles and hasnt really messed up the paint. Lots of offroad miles too.

chi_weezy

Reaction score
See if they can reimburse you a little, perhaps give them to you at cost? And keep them *******. Plenty of people run +0 offset. And get some mud flaps :) are the wheels 20x9?