Go Back   FORD RAPTOR FORUM - Ford SVT Raptor Forums - Ford Raptor > GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums > Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]
Become a Supporting Member         Become a Supporting Vendor

Register to remove these ads.

Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2]

Considering a BedRug over spray in liner

This is a discussion on Considering a BedRug over spray in liner within the Ford Raptor Exterior Forum [GEN 2] forums, part of the GEN 2 (2017+) Ford F-150 Raptor Forums category!
Anyone have 1st hand experience with BedRugs? I live in TX so not worried about winter issues with salt. I ...

User Tag List

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2018, 02:55 AM   #1 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

(Thread Starter)
Default Considering a BedRug over spray in liner
Anyone have 1st hand experience with BedRugs? I live in TX so not worried about winter issues with salt. I used to think they would trap moisture but I'm not so worried since Ford went to Aluminum.

Open to anyone's experience with these. Ive had spray in liners before- not crazy about how they look like crap 10 minutes after its cleaned. Just weighing options

Thanks

Sasha4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Full Access Member

I always just go with a rubber bed mat. Theyíre cheap and nothing slides around. I donít normally haul anything thatís going to do any kind of damage to the bed so I donít see the need for a spray in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mcallister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:49 AM   #3 (permalink)

Hired Gun

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

All past rigs I have done Bedrugs. Good product and held up well. The negatives: If you haul brush/yard debris it is a bitch to get the little twigs and needles out of the carpet. If you run a bedcover or canopy and the carpet gets wet you will likely have to remove the carpet let it dry and reinstall.

Current Raptor got a Line-X and a rubber mat. Won't be going back to a Bedrug going forward.

Old 04-05-2018, 09:52 AM   #4 (permalink)

Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)

We sell the bedrugs and it will come with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter pad for beds with spray-in liners. You only get one so I recommend to our customer to get more from Amazon to be on the safe side. Preparing the surface properly is key.

Rick@FreedomMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 10:06 AM   #5 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

I had a bed rug in my 2010 and 2012 and I love it I have line-x in my 2018 and I love it more

Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:15 PM   #6 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by mcallister View Post
I always just go with a rubber bed mat. Theyíre cheap and nothing slides around. I donít normally haul anything thatís going to do any kind of damage to the bed so I donít see the need for a spray in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw that Weathertec makes a liner. Never even considered these- great points! Thanks

Originally Posted by SilverBolt View Post
All past rigs I have done Bedrugs. Good product and held up well. The negatives: If you haul brush/yard debris it is a bitch to get the little twigs and needles out of the carpet. If you run a bedcover or canopy and the carpet gets wet you will likely have to remove the carpet let it dry and reinstall.

Current Raptor got a Line-X and a rubber mat. Won't be going back to a Bedrug going forward.
Great info on the BedRug. Was concerned it was similar to the carpet found in trunks that holds onto certain things like hair, twigs.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
We sell the bedrugs and it will come with 3M 4298 adhesive promoter pad for beds with spray-in liners. You only get one so I recommend to our customer to get more from Amazon to be on the safe side. Preparing the surface properly is key.
Good to know. Currently my truck is painted from the factory- so I think the standard 3M adhesive sticker/ Vecro tabs should work

Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
I had a bed rug in my 2010 and 2012 and I love it I have line-x in my 2018 and I love it more
So your happier with the spray in liner. I was curious if it had any adhesion issues with the aluminum versus the steel. I guess thats a no. One thing to add is I had the generic spray in liners and not a Line-X. Maybe thats where I've been going wrong
Old 04-05-2018, 12:30 PM   #7 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I plan to add a $10 rug from Lowes.

2018 Leadfoot Screw. 801A with tailgate step, twin panel moonroof, both decals, trailer brake Controller, SYNC Connect, LED side-Mirror Spotlights, blind spot with Trailer Tow Monitoring, for MSRP and dealer threw in Bed liner.
22 Dec 2017 order date. 02 March 2018 VIN. 21 April 2018 Build Date. 02 May 2018 Delivered.
RaptorMaryland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

My 45ft Bluewater Party

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)

Originally Posted by Sasha4 View Post
I saw that Weathertec makes a liner. Never even considered these- great points! Thanks

Great info on the BedRug. Was concerned it was similar to the carpet found in trunks that holds onto certain things like hair, twigs.

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 AM ----------

Good to know. Currently my truck is painted from the factory- so I think the standard 3M adhesive sticker/ Vecro tabs should work

So your happier with the spray in liner. I was curious if it had any adhesion issues with the aluminum versus the steel. I guess thats a no. One thing to add is I had the generic spray in liners and not a Line-X. Maybe thats where I've been going wrong
Its easier to clean. I still like the bedrug but it was knida a pain to clean. The key to getting spray liner to stick is good prep work.

Hockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #9 (permalink)

Full Access Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I love my bedrug, but I routinely have to haul computer equipment around back there so the soft padded bed is ideal...
nikhsub1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 12:24 AM   #10 (permalink)

FRF Supporting Member

(Thread Starter)
Originally Posted by RaptorMaryland View Post
I plan to add a $10 rug from Lowes.
I didnt know Lowes was in the Raptor aftermarket...

Originally Posted by Hockster View Post
Its easier to clean. I still like the bedrug but it was knida a pain to clean. The key to getting spray liner to stick is good prep work.

Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
I love my bedrug, but I routinely have to haul computer equipment around back there so the soft padded bed is ideal...

The padded part is what appeals to me. While intend on transporting things like mulch, plants and the odd tool, this will not be a "work" truck.

Do you have to remove it to let the paint below dry out or does it do a good job on its own?