GEN 2 Color Choice need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like this but not like this

Attachments

• IMG_4515.jpg
    IMG_4515.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 85
  • m4-gts-hre-wheels9.jpg
    m4-gts-hre-wheels9.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 76

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None. Sorry, HREs on a Raptor aren't right. It's like taking very fine expensive bourbon and giving it to your dog. Or John Cena wearing 6 inch women's heels. You get the idea. Kind of pointless.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
None. Sorry, HREs on a Raptor aren't right. It's like taking very fine expensive bourbon and giving it to your dog. Or John Cena wearing 6 inch women's heels. You get the idea. Kind of pointless.

lol thanks for that insight. :ROFLJest:

I would like to know what color you like with AG though

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are hell bent on buying heels, I vote for the straight up silver / machined aluminum. Whatever you do, please do not get orange HREs.

I've already ordered the wheels, but have flexibility to pick color at a later time. Your bias for HRE is noted. My truck is a Daily, it lightly goes off road I don't need hardcore 17's for off road performance. Not doing Silver it will look like I tried to color match the AG color and failed.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've already ordered the wheels, but have flexibility to pick color at a later time. Your bias for HRE is noted. My truck is a Daily, it lightly goes off road I don't need hardcore 17's for off road performance. Not doing Silver it will look like I tried to color match the AG color and failed.

Nah, I'm not judging you for being a street only Raptor. That's perfectly fine. Just that exquisitely made trendy and light wheels on a 5600 lb offroad ready pick up truck just doesn't fit. You wouldn't put a lift kit on an ML63 would you? So why would you put ML63 wheels on a Raptor?

Anyway, don't want to litter your thread. Post pics when done! Good luck.

OP
OP
Jayrod

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah, I'm not judging you for being a street only Raptor. That's perfectly fine. Just that exquisitely made trendy and light wheels on a 5600 lb offroad ready pick up truck just doesn't fit. You wouldn't put a lift kit on an ML63 would you? So why would you put ML63 wheels on a Raptor?

Anyway, don't want to litter your thread. Post pics when done! Good luck.

Thank you for your candor, I did a lot of research, talked to some people with HRE's and Raptor and even went as far to check out some testing they did when they initially built wheels that would work for the rap. (spoke with guy at HRE). From what I've gathered they put a lot of work into making the 161 and PR46 compatible and reliable for the Raptor.

Will post pics when it is complete, BBK and wheels will all go on together.