Clear bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Heelfan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any personal experience with these. Thinking of having one installed on my 18’ when it gets here.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Congrats on your 2018 Raptor.

Please use the search function - you'll find what you're looking for there (try "clear bra" or "XPEL" , etc.)

ja_autospa

Reaction score
Clear bra works great, stops rock chips, scrapes, leaves covered area in perfect condition when taken off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bemaro

Reaction score
Some of my opinions on PPF

Paint protection films a.k.a. clear bra's will always work for you respectively. If you have a vehicle with short-term plans, foresee any damages and the amount of damage it will take. Is paint protection film really in your and your vehicle's best interest? If it is, what type of installation benefits you and your vehicle? Are you looking for efficiency, cost or convenience of having done at your location? Is quality and overall amount of protection a must, or are you interested in having the best "bank for your buck" and therefore efficiency? At the end of the day this is your vehicle and it is only you that can find these answers in the previous vehicles that you have owned. Any type of protection on any parts of your vehicle can be done and can go a long way if deemed necessary. They are always guaranteed so going with a manufacturer that promises something you feel is realistic and with a strong name is always best. I trust SunTek PPF ULTRA first and Xpel Ultimate second.

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had SunTek paint protection applied to my hood and mirrors on my 2018 a few days ago. Hopefully it works well.

Entire hood or just the front portion? I plan on having the same done when my truck arrives. How much does something like that cost (parts and labor?)

Seven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Partial hood and mirrors was $290.

I called and was quoted (for Xpel) 450 for partial hood, mirrors and part of the fenders. Guess that is what the partial hood kit protects. Unfortunately appointments are 2 weeks out. :(

Gentlemen also suggested entire bumper and front grill. I've seen those prices online and no way would I agree to that. Might try to find another place.