Clear Bra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anyone had experience with clear bras? My tint guys said the Raptor is like a 36 piece kit and takes a good 5 hours to install for around $750. Thoughts on this type of protection?

x-ray

Reaction score
Depends on the coverage and the actual product.

Expel ultimate is one of the best films. 3M is thicker but has a history of yellowing after a few years especially obvious on white paint.

If $750 covers the entire hood and some other stuff, that is a great price. I have been quoted $1500 for full hood, fenders, mirrors and bumper. Basically from the front to the doors.

X

BajaRacer

Reaction score
Just picked up my truck today from Detail Werkz here in Dallas. First truck that I have had a "bra" done on. They use SunTek film. Had it included with their full paint correction and PLE22 glass.

They put the clear bra on the hood, lights, leading edge of the fenders, A-pillars, rocker panels. Was way more than $750.

$750 sounds like a steal if they are using quality materials.

OP
OP
JetDriver480

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I assume the product is quality as this guy does a lot of fancy cars in Scottsdale. How does it look on? Hate to take away from the look but also want some front end protection from all the damn rocks/pebbles on Arizona roads.

noblesramair

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just had a full front self healing suntek install done which cost $1k, but that was slightly discounted because I also had a full ceramic pro ceramic coating applied to the whole truck also. The suntek warranty isnt as long but it has less of an orange peel look to it than the xpel. Suntek and expel is good stuff, I'd stay away from the 3M unless you do more research on what your getting. I've been told the history of yellowing has gotten better than the previous stuff but I have no idea if thats true or not. I'd bet that price is not a full hood and fenders only partials, if so its a good deal with quality clear bra.

x-ray

Reaction score
I assume the product is quality as this guy does a lot of fancy cars in Scottsdale. How does it look on? Hate to take away from the look but also want some front end protection from all the damn rocks/pebbles on Arizona roads.

If the installer knows what they are doing, you won't even know it is there. Get the entire hood. I have a partial on my current car and the line, however thin and subtle, bugs me and I have a few rock chips on the unprotected hood.

Just ask the installer what film and what is he going to cover for the $750.

X

BajaRacer

Reaction score
I'll try to get some decent pictures of the truck with the bra on. For full surfaces you can't tell at all. They cut the film around the hood decals so it would maintain the matte finish. Where the material isn't covering the entire surface you can definitely tell.

Here is a link to SunTek and you can find the 2017 Raptor kits they offer:
Suntek TruCut

I ended up with:
1. Full hood, fenders, mirrors
2. Headlights
3. Doors
4. Roof & A-Pillars

They didn't do the grille or bumper or fender flares. Said it would be difficult for the material to adhere to those surfaces.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the front, the leading edge of the hood, and the leading surfaces of the mirrors done. Worked great until I destroyed a mirror by smacking it on the mirror of another truck in traffic. Now only one of my mirrors has a clear bra.

Corey77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys recommend putting extra graphics on after or before the clear bra? I have hood graphics already and ordered some rappygraphics cowl graphics. Since the hood graphics are matte, seems they sould be shiny after a full hood bra, then adding the cowl graphics afterwards would look different since those are matte as well. On the other side, I'm not sure if I want the rappygraphics graphics installed before the bra, which would make the more difficult to remove if I want them off later on.

What has others done?

stealthfrc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys recommend putting extra graphics on after or before the clear bra? I have hood graphics already and ordered some rappygraphics cowl graphics. Since the hood graphics are matte, seems they sould be shiny after a full hood bra, then adding the cowl graphics afterwards would look different since those are matte as well. On the other side, I'm not sure if I want the rappygraphics graphics installed before the bra, which would make the more difficult to remove if I want them off later on.

What has others done?

my guy said to put it on top of the clear bra. i go with 3m pro. ive had it on multiple vehicles with no issues. its much cheaper then the xpel and works just fine. its still a clear as day one.
pricing will vary a lot. im betting the guy that quote you hasn't done a raptor yet and actually see how big the truck is. i guarantee that price will change once he lays eyes on it.

Last edited: