Install clear bra?

• Yes

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Some other type of protection

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just the front on mine I think of it as a bug shield that you can't see unless you're right up to it. it's called ultra shield I really like it on the door jam's

Wolff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am going to have my truck coated in Cquartz finest, but no clear bra. I have Xpel Ultiamte topped with Cquartz finest on my 350R but I think its a little over kill for the truck.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
can you see it?

6953-img-0089.jpg

---------- Post added at 05:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:55 PM ----------

In this picture, you can see the curve on the edge.

6253-img-0038.jpg

OP
OP
Ruri

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the input everyone, I'm going with this sweetheart's bra on my hood.

But really I'm hoping to drive off-road at least once a month. Trips to Mammoth, Jtree, or Johnson Valley.

I think I might do the lower doors too what others have said on here.

:welcome:

Some get a clear bra. And some wrap the whole truck in expel. How much offroading do you plan?

And I think we can all agree, a clear bar here wouldn't be a bad idea.

f2ae236f1020a973d8b15ffb1c68f308.jpg

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
Great Lakes Raptor Excursions (GLRE) | Run Raptor Run
( * Y * )

kdkellie

Reaction score
I use Xpel Ultimate ten year warranty and light years ahead quality wise compared to 3m. I have a full hood , fenders and bumper on my 15 F150 Platinum. Plan on covering the entire Raptor with Xpel Stealth....

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

mcdonop

Reaction score
I sent a message to XPEL regarding protection kits for the 2017 Raptor because I could not find it listed as a sub-model. This is the response I got,

"Thank you for contacting Xpel customer support. I do see we have a design request put for the 2017 Ford Raptor. I would suggest to check our website for the kit about every 2 weeks. Our design team works to all the design request completed in a timely manner. If you have any other questions please let us know."

kdkellie

Reaction score
If you have a good installer they can free hand the kit.

Sent from my BBA100-1 using Tapatalk

mcdonop

Reaction score
If you have a good installer they can free hand the kit.

Thanks. When I checked with the installer closest to me and he said he required the kit... that's when I contacted XPEL. I checked with the installer today after I saw your post, and he indicated he is new to XPEL and didn't feel comfortable without a kit. I appreciate his honesty. He recommended a couple of other installers fairly close that have more experience. I will reach out to them.