Install clear bra?

• Yes

Votes: 33 71.7%
  • No

Votes: 9 19.6%
  • Some other type of protection

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to FRF and trucks.

I was wondering any new owners plan on installing a 3m or Xpel clear bra on their new raptors.

I usually get them on my sports cars but since this is my first truck I don't know if the clear bra will last or if it's even reqired with composite hood and fenders.

Yukon Joe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
:welcome:

Some get a clear bra. And some wrap the whole truck in expel. How much offroading do you plan?

And I think we can all agree, a clear bar here wouldn't be a bad idea.

f2ae236f1020a973d8b15ffb1c68f308.jpg

@Yukon Joe :baby: :baby: :baby:
Drive your raptor here!!!!
www.runraptorrun.com
( * Y * )

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is a must every car/truck I have owned for the last 15 years has it.

Do you do a bra/target areas or full wrap?

I was considering Xpel, either partial or full wrap but have no experience with it. Trying to find an example I can see up close. Few questions:

- Is it essentially invisible or can you see its there?
- Does it yellow? Worried about this on Avalanche.
- Does it hold up for off-roading?
- How long does it last?
- If you do some target areas, but not a full wrap, how noticeable is it to the eye?
- Average cost of a full truck xpel ultimate wrap?

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Raptor did a traditional 3M kit, forward facing only so there is a visible line across the hood and the fenders. On a white truck after 5 years it has yellowed a bit I am ok with that. Some film suppliers claim no yellowing but not sure who.

On another car I did the entire front end all the way to the doors and windshield no lines and on ruby red you won't see yellowing.

I had a car that the clear bra was 10+ years old and it was in great shape so how long they last varies on the way you use it I guess.

I will let some one else speak to full wraps and their durability.