Cheapest Option for 2018 TPMS with Aftermarket Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is the cheapest option for getting TPMS sensors in my 2018 Raptor aftermarket wheels? Ford dealer is quoting $76.30 per sensor or $305.20 for the set of four!

There are lots of websites, but most of them are confusing when you get down the exact ones needed for the Raptor.

Do I need 315 MHz, 433 MHz, etc.?

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I don’t remember the p/n and I have a 2017 anyway, but I got them from CJ Pony parts

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
What is the cheapest option for getting TPMS sensors in my 2018 Raptor aftermarket wheels? Ford dealer is quoting $76.30 per sensor or $305.20 for the set of four!

There are lots of websites, but most of them are confusing when you get down the exact ones needed for the Raptor.

Do I need 315 MHz, 433 MHz, etc.?

word to the wise, call tasca, or ford of white bear lake.

Give them your vin to cross reference.

The frequency changed in the fall. Some early 18s use the same sensor as the 17s, the rest use the different frequency sensor ( which is obviously a different part number)

You do not need all 3 TPMS sensor parts, just the one that is $30.

Every tire store on the planet has the $8 rebuild kits which will put your cost at about $40 per wheel vs $80 ish.

OP
OP
TXRaptor

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
word to the wise, call tasca, or ford of white bear lake.

Give them your vin to cross reference.

The frequency changed in the fall. Some early 18s use the same sensor as the 17s, the rest use the different frequency sensor ( which is obviously a different part number)

You do not need all 3 TPMS sensor parts, just the one that is $30.

Every tire store on the planet has the $8 rebuild kits which will put your cost at about $40 per wheel vs $80 ish.

I was considering leaving mine in the factory wheels, but I might just swap them out and sell the stockers "without TPMS".

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Reuse the factory units and sell your wheels naked. That is what I did. Chances are someone with an older F150 will buy your wheels and the sensors won't work in their rig.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
https://www.etis.ford.com/ will show your build based on your VIN to verify what frequency yours are.

I had my dealer add them to my spare and a second spare so i could rotate them as well while carrying two spares.

I opted to spend a few bucks more not to deal with any BS, I'm all for saving a few bucks, but I despise warning lights that something isn't right.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
https://www.etis.ford.com/ will show your build based on your VIN to verify what frequency yours are.

I had my dealer add them to my spare and a second spare so i could rotate them as well while carrying two spares.

I opted to spend a few bucks more not to deal with any BS, I'm all for saving a few bucks, but I despise warning lights that something isn't right.

I chose not to bother with the tpms on my second spare.

About every 100 miles i get a tpms sensor fault when i'm running the wheel/tire that has no sensor on it, even if both "spares" are in the truck.

IMO, it doesnt really make a difference one way or another. The second you air down off road the tpms warning light is going to come on anyway.

And yes, I know that I could fire up forscan and set the pressure to whatever i want, but i dont feel like going through the hassle of making forscan work again now that I'm tuned.