GEN 2 Chase Rack/ tire carrier/ bed storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't had much luck in finding bed storage options for the Gen 2 that meet my needs. Ideally looking to have 2 tires (stored upright against the cab), off road jack, mounting points for forward facing light bar and dust lights, and mounting points to strap down storage.
I would love to find something like this:

EahwIT.png

Anyone have any suggestions? Or should I go the custom route?

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDHQ makes some; have not had time to reach out to them for GEN2 also not sure of price

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

I haven't had much luck in finding bed storage options for the Gen 2 that meet my needs. Ideally looking to have 2 tires (stored upright against the cab), off road jack, mounting points for forward facing light bar and dust lights, and mounting points to strap down storage.
I would love to find something like this:

EahwIT.png

Anyone have any suggestions? Or should I go the custom route?

where are you from? in LA the is several race shops that do some. keep us posted very interested in one in also

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
raptor shenanigans went there for his build. tried to put link in but here but could not work. here is a pic of his truck. maybe send him a message

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.03.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-28 at 9.03.26 AM.png
    723.7 KB · Views: 218

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really want one for my trips but need one that I can take in and out (yes I know it would be lots of work) but I work in a not so nice neighborhood and don't want to worry about theft etc even thought its got locks etc

Micha

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SDHQ makes some; have not had time to reach out to them for GEN2 also not sure of price

---------- Post added at 08:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

where are you from? in LA the is several race shops that do some. keep us posted very interested in one in also

SDHQ will not make them unless you take your truck to them and have it done. I found this out after I emailed them. Sadly I live too far away.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

I went the N Fab route. Their rack mounts 2 upright tires, has mounting spots for light near the cab, and has extra tie down points to secure a jack and fuel cans. I haven't set it up yet but here's the link.

https://n-fab.com/bed-cage-tire-carrier/2017/ford/f-150

Why is this one so affordable? Its crazy how big the price difference is.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
SDHQ will not make them unless you take your truck to them and have it done. I found this out after I emailed them. Sadly I live too far away.

---------- Post added at 10:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Why is this one so affordable? Its crazy how big the price difference is.

nFab isn't known for the best quality, but they are certainly cheap.