Carbon Fiber Tailgate Applique

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a replacement tailgate applique made out of real carbon fiber with RAPTOR (for example) in place of FORD.
I have not seen any third party vendors creating one yet, so perhaps it is not even legal. But I know a shop that can make one up.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I was wondering if there would be any interest in a replacement tailgate applique made out of real carbon fiber with RAPTOR (for example) in place of FORD.
I have not seen any third party vendors creating one yet, so perhaps it is not even legal. But I know a shop that can make one up.

if anything, I would want a kevlar weave with some degree of high caliber protection. Hey, you never know...

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score

The ones currently available are plain and don't have any logos. I believe they are from the same company as the other F-22 Raptor parts (e.g. hood, vents, and fenders).

Given the extra 2 letters in "RAPTOR", not sure how much it will thin out the text vertically for aesthetics. It could be cool, but not sure if better than "FORD" without seeing to compare.

OP
OP
Skyfrog

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The company was just looking to expand their product line, so I just thought I'd ask. I'll let them know there is not much interest. Thanks for the feedback.