GEN 2 Carbon fiber hood insert, side vents and flares?! Seems pricey to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Am I understanding correctly that the CF side vents are not functional (i.e. no actual vents)?

Maybe it's just the angle, but it also looks like it isn't quite sitting flush and I can see the mounting slots on the right side. I don't think I can see those with my OEM ones on.

I never opened the package other than the hood insert. I noticed the side vents as well and sent them email as the F22 Raptor had functioning side vents, these somehow missed the venting stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I never opened the package other than the hood insert. I noticed the side vents as well and sent them email as the F22 Raptor had functioning side vents, these somehow missed the venting stage.

The pictures posted on page 3 of this thread show the venting. Not sure if there is more than 1 company selling these or if their quality control is just lacking.

I also noticed the postings seem to be gone on eBay, so not sure if they were just leftover from the F-22 Raptor, or if they plan to continue making them. Usually, companies will leave their postings up and then make to order.

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure as I am looking into and yes, the vents are wrong, proper vented replacement on the way.
I really like the looks but you have to be 10 feet away to see it .. a lot of change for up close effect . :(cf5c7c4117829baf39d48808ba775675.jpg

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure as I am looking into and yes, the vents are wrong, proper vented replacement on the way.
I really like the looks but you have to be 10 feet away to see it .. a lot of change for up close effect .

Nice...good to hear you are getting a replacement for that.

Are you able to ask them if they are going to continue making the parts?

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice...good to hear you are getting a replacement for that.

Are you able to ask them if they are going to continue making the parts?

Yes. Actually there are two companies offering products that I think are made by the same company .

Reaction score
Yes. Actually there are two companies offering products that I think are made by the same company .

As Ebay listing is gone, do you by any chance know which companies they are? By the way, hood insert looks a lot better than ford hood graphic package from my point of view.

Not so sure about the vents and definitely not a fan of fender flares. May be it will grow on me.

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had 2 vents done on factory vents (hydro dipped) $50 I have not installed them yet been busy at work etc Keep us posted on how yours does thru heat etc

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sorry here is my pic

Attachments

• IMG_9313.JPG
    IMG_9313.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 467

r3run33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey JohnGM what about the windshield wiper cowl thing?? I want that done also and it will complete the front set; any news of them doing that??