GEN 2 Carbon fiber hood insert, side vents and flares?! Seems pricey to me

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xBryanHoodsx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Ebay listings. Hood insert $799 plus $50 shipping ,
Side vents 399 plus $29 shipping
Flares $2200 plus 200 shipping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's very expensive even if it was hand laid right here in the USA. I'm guessing it's china crap that will delaminate in couple years that somebody is getting for 1/4 or less of that price trying make a quick buck.

OP
OP
Johngm45

Johngm45

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's very expensive even if it was hand laid right here in the USA. I'm guessing it's china crap that will delaminate in couple years that somebody is getting for 1/4 or less of that price trying make a quick buck.

I agree , but come to find out this company where I ended up ordering all pieces including flares which are 20mm larger than factory, Is the Company that supplied and manufactured the now infamous F22 Raptor .

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am not that into wrapping but you could Carbon Fiber wrap it (and get some protection) for WAY cheaper and probably the same general look ... which I am not crazy about.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree , but come to find out this company where I ended up ordering all pieces including flares which are 20mm larger than factory, Is the Company that supplied and manufactured the now infamous F22 Raptor .

Please follow up with the results of your install and pics. I'm a carbon fiber junky as well, but have ran into variable fitment from "OEM fit" kits in the past. I'm pretty picky about things not sitting perfectly flush or flat, and get a little aggravated when I need to mod for fitment.

daddyo

Reaction score
Please follow up with the results of your install and pics. I'm a carbon fiber junky as well, but have ran into variable fitment from "OEM fit" kits in the past. I'm pretty picky about things not sitting perfectly flush or flat, and get a little aggravated when I need to mod for fitment.

lottp I actually ordered a kit once I saw the F22 - I fell in love. I'm also very particular, but I rolled the dice. Initial impressions are that it looks very good, off the truck anyways. I will be installing it this weekend.

lottp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lottp I actually ordered a kit once I saw the F22 - I fell in love. I'm also very particular, but I rolled the dice. Initial impressions are that it looks very good, off the truck anyways. I will be installing it this weekend.

Awesome...can't wait to hear your impressions and see the pics!

daddyo

Reaction score
Awesome...can't wait to hear your impressions and see the pics!

Quick first impressions - the kit is awesome! I personally took a long time to install everything, because I was very paranoid about scratching anything during the removal of the old flares and the installation of the new flares. As mentioned before, I am very particular, but the process was very straightforward. The end result is spectacular, though. The carbon looks amazing in contrast to the lightning blue paint. Fitment is on par with OEM as well. No panel gaps at all. Extra width on the flares really adds to the appearance as well. Money well spent, if you ask me. No regrets.

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick first impressions - the kit is awesome! I personally took a long time to install everything, because I was very paranoid about scratching anything during the removal of the old flares and the installation of the new flares. As mentioned before, I am very particular, but the process was very straightforward. The end result is spectacular, though. The carbon looks amazing in contrast to the lightning blue paint. Fitment is on par with OEM as well. No panel gaps at all. Extra width on the flares really adds to the appearance as well. Money well spent, if you ask me. No regrets.

Why not post some pictures instead of simply talking about it?:biggrin:

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Pics or ****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk