Brand new paint has dirt in it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes that is exactly what I’m talking about! Reassuring to see that they are “common” but still can’t believe we are looking at inhabiting Mars but can’t paint high end vehicles without dust getting in the paint hahahahah

Definitely dust nibs, some seem to be larger than normal which indicated a larger piece of trash. If it's just a bit of dust you will get a microscopic raised nib that is often peaked/pointy sometimes even a little sharp. Some of yours seem to be larger and flatter.

At the end of the day, these are production vehicles that get painted on an automated production line. Yours does seems to have many of them though, I would be irritated as well. I can accept a couple however. On a high end vehicle that is hand painted or touring the show circuit, paint jobs can often reach astronomical prices. I would expect none at that point, but we are dealing with Ford ;-)

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed I have one that looks like a tiny grain of sand above the rear wheel on the part of the bed that extends out. I don't know how they'd miss it in such a visible spot. But then, I've gone around it several times before I noticed it. I'm not happy, but I'm going to leave well enough alone.

MeFryRice

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have similar paint flaws as well; mine are on the edge of the hood near the windshield cowl and also on the driver's rear door. I've had a body shop look at them and they are willing to help improve them (I know they won't be able to make it 100% w/o a repainting those panels).

Range44

Reaction score
I am very familiar at looking at paint. I looked at over 10 new Raptors before purchasing and I saw paint flaws on all of them. Spotty patches in the paint, trash, bad paint lines, ect..Some really bad. Look under your hood to see if your fender and hood bolts have been turned and re painted with what looks like a touch up brush. I am assuming this is from post production adjustment. I eventually gave up and purchased one with only trash in the paint on 1 fender. When I was purchasing my GT350 I saw the same flaws on them as well. If you have a good detailer he can correct some of these issues. At the end of the day its a truck not a show piece.

---------- Post added at 09:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 PM ----------

In my opinion your better off with the imperfections than to start painting panels and end up color/tint problems. It will almost never match up perfectly.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any paint shop can wet sand and polish most of that out...Assuming you do not know how to do it yourself.

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a big chunk of brown dirt in my front passenger fender. I would went sand and buff but I don’t know whats underneath or how thick the dirt/flake is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk