Brand new paint has dirt in it!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for some advice. Had my truck ordered and it arrived Wednesday. Because I’m **** about things I told the dealer not to do anything to it so I could take it to my detailer and have it done properly. The dealer did exactly as I asked and the truck was untouched besides safety inspection and PDI.

Took it to my detailer and when I picked it up he walked me around the truck and showed me several imperfections, they consist of dirt under the clear/paint.....they are mostly on two panels, top of the passenger side fender near the hood seam and the hood also near the same spot. My detailer does a lot of brand new vehicles including a lot of Fords and he says this is not normal and in his eyes unacceptable for such an expensive vehicle.

Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions how I should proceed?

Attachments

• 26CADB3A-0C05-47F6-9C4A-9F0120E8C22C.jpg
    26CADB3A-0C05-47F6-9C4A-9F0120E8C22C.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 130
  • 2255A134-13DC-4224-A0A9-7E6BF63C450C.jpg
    2255A134-13DC-4224-A0A9-7E6BF63C450C.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 129
  • 2E8C3F65-9763-4EC5-8EBA-076B7C6D415F.jpg
    2E8C3F65-9763-4EC5-8EBA-076B7C6D415F.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 123
  • 4A66D3F6-5FA0-4220-992F-54A08B6EAEB6.jpg
    4A66D3F6-5FA0-4220-992F-54A08B6EAEB6.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 121
  • A736CAA2-F1DA-4B11-B19B-65A03140B711.jpg
    A736CAA2-F1DA-4B11-B19B-65A03140B711.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 123
Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Without pics impossible to say. I'm guessing your truck is magnetic... imagine it would be hard to see dirt, but again without pics can't say.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without pics impossible to say. I'm guessing your truck is magnetic... imagine it would be hard to see dirt, but again without pics can't say.

Yes it is Magnetic.....I will get some pics and post them. It does not REALLY bother me but I have to agree with the fact that this much in a factory paint should not be....

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
almost all of the aluminum body fords have paint adherence/quality issues.

Ford actually approved a new fender and paint for my truck, but it's a truck and I opted to pass on it since i plan to replace them anyway.

You have to wait until it chips, then they do the duct tape test on it. If the tape pulls additional paint, they'll replace the body part under warranty.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
almost all of the aluminum body fords have paint adherence/quality issues.

Ford actually approved a new fender and paint for my truck, but it's a truck and I opted to pass on it since i plan to replace them anyway.

You have to wait until it chips, then they do the duct tape test on it. If the tape pulls additional paint, they'll replace the body part under warranty.

I would allow it if the body panels came pre painted from the factory but I certainly do not want paint work on a three day old truck....I planned on doing PPF on the front but now I have to wait to see what Ford says I guess. Maybe I will push to have them pay for the PPF so there will be no chance of the paint chipping/peeling and just live with the little nipples lol

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I would allow it if the body panels came pre painted from the factory but I certainly do not want paint work on a three day old truck....I planned on doing PPF on the front but now I have to wait to see what Ford says I guess. Maybe I will push to have them pay for the PPF so there will be no chance of the paint chipping/peeling and just live with the little nipples lol

good luck with that. Mine is magnetic too. You pretty much have to wait for the bumps to knock off before they will pay to replace anything.

You might be better off going the touchup then level route.

If they approve a panel replacement, they pay the dealer to paint the new panel in their shop, then replace it.

Most good shops will want the truck for the duration of the painting so they can blend it properly.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good luck with that. Mine is magnetic too. You pretty much have to wait for the bumps to knock off before they will pay to replace anything.

You might be better off going the touchup then level route.

If they approve a panel replacement, they pay the dealer to paint the new panel in their shop, then replace it.

Most good shops will want the truck for the duration of the painting so they can blend it properly.

So did your Magnetic also have this issue?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So did your Magnetic also have this issue?

sure did.

On "nipple" on the PS hood just in front of the cowl, and 4 of them in a diamond on the DS fender on the flat spot outboard of the headlight.

I waited for them to chip off, then did about 5 iterations of touch up, level over the course of 2 weeks.

The last round i did it with clear.

You can still see them if you're 6 inches away, but it's a truck.

I also already sandblasted part of the grill off-road already.

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are talking about dust nibs. Unfortunately they are very common these days with the automated paint processes used in water based facilities. My Raptor only as one, I have 2 on my Porsche GT3, one on my BMW R1200RT, and my wife has 2 or 3 on her Audi.

My recommendation is leave it alone, chasing perfection may cause more issues having the dealer repaint.

OP
OP
2024RaptorR_NOVA

2024RaptorR_NOVA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming you are talking about dust nibs. Unfortunately they are very common these days with the automated paint processes used in water based facilities. My Raptor only as one, I have 2 on my Porsche GT3, one on my BMW R1200RT, and my wife has 2 or 3 on her Audi.

My recommendation is leave it alone, chasing perfection may cause more issues having the dealer repaint.

Yes that is exactly what I’m talking about! Reassuring to see that they are “common” but still can’t believe we are looking at inhabiting Mars but can’t paint high end vehicles without dust getting in the paint hahahahah