GEN 2 Borla Exhaust for 2017 Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
We have a front muffler available that works with both the S-Type and ATAK if either is too loud for your taste. It's a modular approach so start with one of the midsections and then add the front muffler later.

Tailpipes can be added at any time as well.

Any questions please email me at [email protected]
Can you show us a picture of the pipe with that muffler installed? Does it remove the xpipe?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

david borla

Reaction score
Can you show us a picture of the pipe with that muffler installed? Does it remove the xpipe?

Will post a picture as soon as I can. Our front muffler includes a cross over pipe inside the muffler that replaces the factory x-pipe. So, you don't lose that feature.

Just to be clear so I don't cause confusion, this front muffler is just for those who already have one of our midsections and feel it's too loud.

OP
OP
Bullishone

Bullishone

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Will post a picture as soon as I can. Our front muffler includes a cross over pipe inside the muffler that replaces the factory x-pipe. So, you don't lose that feature.

Just to be clear so I don't cause confusion, this front muffler is just for those who already have one of our midsections and feel it's too loud.
Yes I am one of them. I installed an S-Type with a Downpipe from kooks and it sounded horrible. I added twisters and it's fine but I am not sure if there is a better solution.

dillard09

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too am interested in hearing more about this front muffler Mr David. I ha e the Atak installed and it sounds amazing except at highway cruising speeds. I spoke with with one of your reps and he recommended 2 of your Cratemuffler resonators between the X-pipe and Mufflers. It did calm it down some but the exhaust is still audible at 70-80 while cruising. That's the only thing I wish to get toned down a bit more. The sound besides that is amazing.
BTW I just have SPD exhaust adapters but looking to possible get downpipes but after Bullishone experience I am very hesitate.

JackFrostXTR

Reaction score
We have a front muffler available that works with both the S-Type and ATAK if either is too loud for your taste. It's a modular approach so start with one of the midsections and then add the front muffler later.

Tailpipes can be added at any time as well.

Any questions please email me at [email protected]

Too loud. Two words that have never collided in any sentence coming out of my mouth.

I wanted a bit of tone with the truck. I am extremely happy with the ATAK. My neighbors hate me. Mission accomplished...

Ian@Borla

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hello all,

I apologize for the very delayed response. I'm sure many of you have already seen the front muffler or reached out to us in other ways, but here is a photo of the front muffler for anybody who has not seen it. If you already have one of our mid sections and feel it is too loud, you can add this front muffler for sound attenuation. It would essentially tone it down.

60650_xlarge.jpg

Link: https://www.borla.com/products/f150_raptor_resonator_part__60650.html