GEN 2 Bedrug + Undercover Flex Ultra

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

18LeadfootNNJ

Reaction score
Just a few thoughts:

Bedrug

1.) I had the factory spray-in liner. Ford did a good job of NOT spraying over the box link brackets and cleats. Easily removable. I put the screws back in their holes so I could feel where they were so I can just run the blade across the screw heads to create a notch the perfect size for the screws to poke through the bedrug. Also, the last step when your eventually finished with installing the bedrug will be to reinstall the box link brackets, before you reinstall the brackets, make sure you cut a hole slightly larger that the hole in the bracket. If you don’t, the cleat has NO chance of fitting back in because the bedrug is too thick, and the clearances are so damn tight

2.) They DID however completely spray over the “eyebolt” tiedowns. You have ZERO chance of removing those so you’re going to need to cut slots for those.

3.) First, none of the “cutouts” on the backside of the bed rug line up perfectly, so have a new, sharp blade ready. The lights in the bed come out fairly easily. Flathead at the bottom, make sure screwdriver is pointing up to the sky, push straight up and gently twist, pops right out.

4.) That MF light switch in the bed really is the devil. I tried getting to it from underneath, you can reach it no problem but if you have the factory spray in liner you won’t be able to press the clips in and apply enough pressure to push and break the overspray from the bed liner. Mine was either over sprayed, or they installed the switch while the liner was still wet. I eventually had to take out the drivers side tail light to access the bed switch. I was super patient, wiggled it up and down while pulling straight out and didn’t hear anything pop or any clip break. Once I took out the tail light the switch came out super easy.

5.) Protip: go to an auto body supply and get some “3M adhesion promoter” of your going to install the bedrug over a spray in liner. You want to spray the adhesion promoter on a rag and dab it where the Velcro will stick to the bed. Spray-in liners and adhesives usually don’t like to play well together. This stuff helps the two surfaces stick to each other.

6.) Start finalizing the installation and from the bulkhead towards the back of the bed. Your gonna want the rear of the bedrug unstuck to the truck because you gonna have to trim, and retrim, and retrim again to make the bed lights and switch fit over the bedrug but still clip into the body work.

7.) Press all the Velcro down at the back and the tailgate. Done

Undercover Flex Ultra

1.) This was super easy to install! I guess since I did one already.

2.) Use blue painters tape to hold the rails to the bedsides while you manipulate the clamp, hold it, and tighten to bolt down.

3.) enjoy a job well done.

c0ffff4002e3e61c6fc8e1e12fdbc2c1.jpg
f8b5a6835d15618a3ccb1a2c6eb9c4af.jpg
f3e0881c99201166ee403d11085b2bf4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

smoscheni

Reaction score
Looks great. I want that exact set up. Can you share where you purchased the bedrug and cover? Thanks!