Bedliners - Factory vs LineX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

Deleted member 12951

Having ordered factory spray-in bedliner, I wish I never did. I should of gotten Line-x instead. I will never make that mistake again.

jocdmd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe @Jimbo was right. Line-X will remove bed bolts ( u have to remind them to remove bolts ) - this doesn't sound like a big deal ......... Until you buy something that gets secured by these bolts.

OP
OP
C

Czoudon

Reaction score
Thanks for the response folks. I am sold and will be going with the LineX Premium or Pro in mine.

After talking with my local rep, I also asked about spraying the rear wheel wells and he said the price was only an additional $50-75. That is, unless the rear wells come without a liner in them already?

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Thanks for the response folks. I am sold and will be going with the LineX Premium or Pro in mine.

After talking with my local rep, I also asked about spraying the rear wheel wells and he said the price was only an additional $50-75. That is, unless the rear wells come without a liner in them already?

More than likely, won't have a rear wheel liner. Spraying it is the best bet and looks nice too.

Raptizzle

FYT
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always used an undercoat product for the rear fender liners. Holds up just fine and is a lot less expensive than line x.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I've always used an undercoat product for the rear fender liners. Holds up just fine and is a lot less expensive than line x.

They don't charge you much more when doing the bed. Quit being cheap, :tizzle:

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have Line-X premium in my 2013. Had it parked next to a regular F-150 with the factory liner at the dealer. There was no comparison in quality. My 3 year old Line-X looked better than the new factory liner.

ronniegilbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer steered me to the Line-X as opposed to the Ford version. They will do it when my truck arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toadster

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, shit... I just ordered my truck with the factory spray-in liner...

My thinking was that if there was a problem with it, I could take it to Ford and there wouldn't be any finger-pointing.

they can pull it off pretty easily...

Kansan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dealer talked me out of doing the factory spray-on for a local guy they use (father delivery/less expensive)... fine with me... then after reading a post above i thought about just getting a rubber mat and saying the hell wit it... now I think I'm going BedRug and a RetraxOne MX... Ordered my Retrax today and wheels