Bedliners - Factory vs LineX

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Czoudon

Reaction score
I have read a few posts and watched the video of the factory liner and how its applied. I have a couple of questions however for the Raptor.

1. Is it true that the factory spray in does not cover the gap all the way between the bed and the tailgate?
2. When they send it out for the spray in, is the same process followed just as it would if I were to take to a shop locally after I receive it? Meaning, do they sand down and prep the vehicle or do you think its not completely sprayed with paint during assembly?
3. Factory or LineX?

As it seems like its getting close to production time, I want to decide to add the factory liner or not and this has been on my mind. Having a hard time taking a $70K truck in to get sanded down and then covered up.

Thanks in advance

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Just throw a rubber bed mat in there and roll. If the bed sides gets scratched bad enough to bother you down the road, go ahead and get it linexed then. The scratches are not going to rust being aluminum.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Spend the money for Line-X. Line-X removes your bed bolts, sprays, then installs the bolts again. Factory sprays over them. They do not cover that area between the tailgate and bed. Factory is not sprayed as thick as Line-X and also doesn't have the UV properties Line-X does (in premium) to prevent fading.

StrikerHawk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X Platinum for me the day after the truck arrives. Not that I don't trust Ford's application to hold up, but because I simply chose to go with a product that I already knew first hand from previous experience.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, shit... I just ordered my truck with the factory spray-in liner...

My thinking was that if there was a problem with it, I could take it to Ford and there wouldn't be any finger-pointing.

Last edited:

Hal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish I did a little more research before ordering the factory spray in bedliner. Line X seems solid... I'm half tempted to try to modify my order since it hasn't been scheduled yet, but I'm paranoid that any changes I make will delay it even further. Good to know they can tear out a factory liner in 19 minutes if I ever want to upgrade down the road.