Bed mounted winch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be done safely without cutting up the bed?
Any Thoughts regarding some type of bed rails? And most importantly , which winch do you suggest?

NE Ford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can it be done safely without cutting up the bed?
Any Thoughts regarding some type of bed rails? And most importantly , which winch do you suggest?

I mounted a winch in the bed of my dad's truck to help him when loading a deer by himself. Just a small atv winch though. I don't think you could mount a full sized winch for vehicle extractions back there, the bed is pretty flimsy.

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• 014-2016-nissan-titan-xd-cummins-diesel-bed-arb-freezer-arb-recovery-bag-hi-lift-jack-warn-zeon8.jpg
    014-2016-nissan-titan-xd-cummins-diesel-bed-arb-freezer-arb-recovery-bag-hi-lift-jack-warn-zeon8.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 77
OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you pictured is a storage mount. The winch comes out of the bed and is mounted in the receiver tube for use.

I was using it to illustrate how I'd like things mounted not necessarily so I can remove it. I should have been more clear. Is there a way to attach rails in the bed two the frame rails and from there mount a winch, Maybe to distribute the load a bit instead of just having a few bolts, or is there any way to directly mount the winch to the frame from inside the bed.

Dane

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was using it to illustrate how I'd like things mounted not necessarily so I can remove it. I should have been more clear. Is there a way to attach rails in the bed two the frame rails and from there mount a winch, Maybe to distribute the load a bit instead of just having a few bolts, or is there any way to directly mount the winch to the frame from inside the bed.

None of this sounds like a good idea. Why not use a cradle mounted winch you can put into the receiver?

There was also a gen 1 bumper which would house a winch. Not sure if gen 2 has one yet.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
DrftrGTR,
Not very practical...if you mount the winch in the bed the cable/synthetic rope will quickly damage your tailgate; if you remove the tailgate before each use of the winch, the end of the bed will be damaged...unless you set up some sort of roller at the end of the bed....
Actually pretty easy to mount a plate in the bed; however it won't be very useful.
Better to get a portable mount for the receiver.
Eddie

OP
OP
DrifterGTR

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you gentlemen. I think I'm going to go ahead with a warn portable. As far as cradles and slide mounts go for storage does anyone have any suggestions?