Bed bolt tie down install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks this looks like an awesome way to go! I just ordered them. I couldn't find them on the mopar site so I googled mopar pn 05170492AA and they showed up at an overstock mopar parts house in Florida and were $2.33 cheaper for each one. I was worried about the aluminum bed and putting backing plates and all that stuff. So stoked on these.

https://www.moparpartsoverstock.com/p/__/RETAINER--RING-RING-RETAINER/6674633/05170492AA.html
Did you have to pay $14+ for shipping? I may just try to find them on Amazon if the shipping is cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have to pay $14+ for shipping? I may just try to find them on Amazon if the shipping is cheaper.

I ordered these with the $14 shipping. However, I did find a coupon to save 5% "thankyou5".
The order process wanted a VIN number so I put it in. Then I got an email back:
"Hello the vin number you provided is coming up invalid, can you double check the number and get back with me?"
I emailed back that this was my first order, so maybe that was the problem. (The "thankyou5" is for your second order). Then I got back this email:
"HELLO I UNDERSTAND BUT THE VIN NUMBER IS NOT COMING UP IN CHRYSLER DATABASE TO VERIFY THE PART?"​
I finally told them it was a Raptor and they eventually sent them to me.

BTW, under the "Genuine MOPAR" label was a Mercedes label, Part #A 901 860 03 14. A quick search for this number found these at $4.48 each:
https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-bracket-9018600314
There is no picture on the website to verify it is the same, it says "Bracket".

Attachments

• Mercedes.jpg
    Mercedes.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 94

Oregon Trail

Reaction score
Great idea, thanks for all the info......I'm just not going to tell anyone they came off a Dodge.

Last edited:

Palerider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered these with the $14 shipping. However, I did find a coupon to save 5% "thankyou5".
The order process wanted a VIN number so I put it in. Then I got an email back:
"Hello the vin number you provided is coming up invalid, can you double check the number and get back with me?"
I emailed back that this was my first order, so maybe that was the problem. (The "thankyou5" is for your second order). Then I got back this email:
"HELLO I UNDERSTAND BUT THE VIN NUMBER IS NOT COMING UP IN CHRYSLER DATABASE TO VERIFY THE PART?"​
I finally told them it was a Raptor and they eventually sent them to me.

BTW, under the "Genuine MOPAR" label was a Mercedes label, Part #A 901 860 03 14. A quick search for this number found these at $4.48 each:
https://www.mbdirectparts.com/oem-parts/mercedes-benz-bracket-9018600314
There is no picture on the website to verify it is the same, it says "Bracket".
I tried for a solid 15 minutes to find some sort of image related to that Benz part# and came up with nothing. I don't know if I would trust it without seeing an image. Might just bite the bullet on the $14 shipping. I've known about the rings for a while just haven't gone through with it.

Skyfrog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried for a solid 15 minutes to find some sort of image related to that Benz part# and came up with nothing. I don't know if I would trust it without seeing an image. Might just bite the bullet on the $14 shipping. I've known about the rings for a while just haven't gone through with it.

I tried searching again and found the page below. It has a drawing of the part:
etk.yiparts.com
It looks like a cargo retainer for a Mercedes Sprinter Van.

Nimrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the mopar rings today. I had to grind them a bit but I painted them black so for now they look sharp and work great!

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone mentioned they installed these in the back seat to tie things down there. What locations are these used there and how many locations are there?