Beadlock ring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I don't know anything about beadlock wheels, well I ordered a black raptor with the black beadlocks, I want something to break up all the black and I've seen pictures of raptors with what I want and it looks good. What I'm talking about is the (beauty ring) I believe it's called. I want one on my stock beadlocks in like a silver or looking type color. My question is does the stock beadlocks come with this beauty ring? If so what color is it? If not can I buy one to put on? What type of paint job will this ring need to hold up looking ok for along time? I apologize for my question if it seems stupid guys but I want know u less I ask you all. And thanks in advance for helping me

m2140

Reaction score
The beadlock capable forged aluminum wheels come with Beauty ring. It's not black like the rims, it's more dark gray like the fender flares.

You should be able to remove it and paint it what ever color you like. Ford offers pre painted beauty rings on the Ford performance website. But they only offer blue or red.

As for paint, any automotive paint should work and hold up as long as you properly prep the rings. Installing the rings back though is a pain. Long process with very specific procedure for torquing the bolts from Ford. Instructions are on the Ford performance website

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-1021-F15OR

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks yea I will do the powder coating, I don't actually plan on running the wheels set up in True beadlock which is not legal. I just want the beauty ring. Why is it so hard to take off and on?

---------- Post added at 01:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

I just saw the painted ones also you were talking about. They have orange you can buy also. I might get a set to put sometimes since I'm having the orange accent seats. But it might look to crazy to have on all the time.

m2140

Reaction score
They have to be progressively and evenly torqued onto the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, thanks I wasn't sure if it was a different ring or something I had to buy. I like the stock beadlocks and how the look so I plan on keeping them. I definitely want the tires to stay in stock position because I live out in the country and my truck might not be running Baja trails it will definitely get some off road whiskey sipping trips on it :) so I need the tires to be able to keep full travel so they can tuck all the way into the fenders on those days I say ya watch this :)

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is what the real beadlock ring looks like - available from distributors of Ford Performance products - you'll notice it has a lot more bolts to keep the tire on the wheel like a beadlock should:

M-1021-F15RB.jpg

And this is one of the painted beadlock rings ("beauty rings") also originating from Ford Peformance - this one is from CJ Pony's website - they're available in red, orange and blue:

m1021f15bl1_1.3030.jpg

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Quick question on the true beadlock rings for those who have them. I like the look of the real beadlock rings but was wondering if I can just bolt them on to the outside of the rims and run them like a beauty ring or will they not seat up properly without the rubber of the tire in between. Also my truck came with 5 beadlock rims, is that standard? Also where is the best price on the rings? I'm seeing them for $180 free shipping...

D

Deleted member 12951

Quick question on the true beadlock rings for those who have them. I like the look of the real beadlock rings but was wondering if I can just bolt them on to the outside of the rims and run them like a beauty ring or will they not seat up properly without the rubber of the tire in between. Also my truck came with 5 beadlock rims, is that standard? Also where is the best price on the rings? I'm seeing them for $180 free shipping...

You could as the beauty ring doesn't affect how the tire mounts but there is a good size gap with the true rings if you just put them on, it looks pretty stupid.

If your truck came stock with the beadlock wheels, yes the spare will also be a beadlock. $180 each with free shipping is actually a good price, I saw them at one time for $155 but can't find them for that anymore. I found a used set on bookface for $350 and snagged it.