Bakflip MX4 vs F1 vs VP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my undercover ultra flex. It looks good with the bed rug. I picked up a swing case from them as well.

OP
OP
jes.jr

jes.jr

Reaction score
I am actually leaning twards the ultraflex after more research. Bedrug underneath, thicker aluminum on top, same tailgate seal an MX4 and no elevator bolts protruding thru the top. Can you post some pics?

jakeO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a few cover over the years. I like the Bakfllp products. I think I will go with the Bak Revolver X2 this time

Supertuner700

Reaction score
I have the mx4 and like the look but cannot speak of durability yet.
It functions nicely.
I just need to add the seals to the sides of my tailgate to seal it up better

Last edited:

Wraptur76

Reaction score
I have MX4 & installed it myself. I really like the clean, flush look. The only draw back I'm having is that the tailgate closing. The last panel has the triple rubber seal & it's really snug. So much so that the power tailgate release opens, but the tailgate won't come down. I have to manually pull it open. Is it something that I did wrong on the install or are others ng this issue??

3Ktt

Reaction score
I have MX4 & installed it myself. I really like the clean, flush look. The only draw back I'm having is that the tailgate closing. The last panel has the triple rubber seal & it's really snug. So much so that the power tailgate release opens, but the tailgate won't come down. I have to manually pull it open. Is it something that I did wrong on the install or are others ng this issue??

Mine was tight for the first week or so. It loosens up and works great now.

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a few cover over the years. I like the Bakfllp products. I think I will go with the Bak Revolver X2 this time

I went with the Ford branded version of the Revolver X2.

Just installed it today and was very impressed with how it went on. The rails came with shims installed and the rear levers are painted black. It has the Ford symbol at the back corner and also a large one visible when rolled up at the cab.

There are no drains required with this style, and I think the look is a bit cleaner without all the hinges.

Attachments

• IMG_4403.jpg
    IMG_4403.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 246

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Ford branded version of the Revolver X2.

Just installed it today and was very impressed with how it went on. The rails came with shims installed and the rear levers are painted black. It has the Ford symbol at the back corner and also a large one visible when rolled up at the cab.

There are no drains required with this style, and I think the look is a bit cleaner without all the hinges.

The x2 looks awesome without the hinges. Can you take a picture of the x2 folded up? Are the hinges just hidden by the vinyl?
Thanks bailer

bailer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The x2 looks awesome without the hinges. Can you take a picture of the x2 folded up? Are the hinges just hidden by the vinyl?
Thanks bailer

Sorry for the confusion, I kinda highjacked the thread topic.
It is the hard roll version. This is the rolled pic from the Ford website.....

Attachments

• IMG_4419.jpg
    IMG_4419.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 218

Raymond

Reaction score
I am considering going with Ford branded version of the Revolver X2 also. Have you had any issues with it? Did you have the dealer install it or did you do it yourself? Any information would be welcome. Thank you