Bakflip MX4 vs F1 vs VP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jes.jr

Reaction score
Had a VP on my gen1, loved the clean look of the top. However, I like the new tailgate seal of the MX4/F1. Just finished chatting w/ Bakflip and I was told the top of the MX4 is the same as the underside of all the Bakflip models except for the paint. My concern is how easily dented the underside of my VP was after 3 years. Can anyone with a MX4 comment on the durability? I asked if the new tailgate seal is planned for the VP and was told, "no plans as of now". At this point I am considering the F1 for the fiber top, but all those hinge seals on the top looks like leak points! My VP never leaked and I didn't even install the drain tubes.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
Ordered an MX4 for myself last week, should be in on Friday. Curious to see what I think. I was sold on the MX4 for the matte top and the tailgate seal.

OP
OP
jes.jr

jes.jr

Reaction score
Had a retrax on my 13. Didn't like the way the wide rails covered the bed caps unevenly. Plus I live in New England, doubt it rolls as smooth covered in ice. Well built and good quality tho. Returned it for the VP. (lower quality but sleeker look IMO)

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that the MX4 wont fade in addition to tailgate benefit. Go the MX4 route.

Ashton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new F1 has the same seal as the MX4. I have had 3 F1 bakflips and they are all still going strong. Nothing is completely waterproof but they are great when you need the full bed.

Attachments

• IMG_0313.JPG
    IMG_0313.JPG
    72.3 KB · Views: 330

3Ktt

Reaction score
I have the MX4 and love it. I have had three people ask me about it and what it is (I removed the sticker):biggrin: The matte finish just works with this truck.

cheek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Put the mx4 on Thursday. Love it had one on my 14 as well.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
I have the MX4 and love it. I have had three people ask me about it and what it is (I removed the sticker):biggrin: The matte finish just works with this truck.

Just put mine on last night. First thing I did was pull the stickers off.

Did the sticker come off easily? Did it leave residue?

Nope, not at all.

Put the mx4 on Thursday. Love it had one on my 14 as well.

Love the matte, goes great with most bed rail covers.