Bak Revolver X2?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmcs

Reaction score
I have it on my rig. Love it. No complaints, and less than an hour to install. I do like how secure it is and even in summer monsoons driving at 70mph I didn't get a single drop of water in the bed. It does get dusty if you are running in the desert though.

I don't have the cold weather issues mentioned above...Arizona....

WRCRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The X2 is nice. The real disadvantage for me is the water gets in the locking channel and it freezes the metal pivoting piece that locks each toothed slats in winter. That happens mostly after a wash at the power sprayer and that is after being careful not to spray water along the rubber gasket. It’s been a great cover for the year + I have had it, I had a F1 for 4 years before that I liked very much, is then the X2 better? No just different for me it’s hard to pick a winner all around.

Ditchplains1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
WRCRaptor,
From my motocross days we used a spray lube on the chains called chain wax. I used Spectro, but can't find it anymore, so now use Maxima. On a dry day roll back the tonneau and spray the bejesus the whole length of the C channel that you can reach. Do both sides, and an hour or so later spray again. Work the locking bars up and down...if you have the top rolled back just right the locking tube will roll down between two of the toothed slats. Spray the length with the tab up as well as down. When the spray wax dries it leaves a parafin like wax on the pivoting locking C channel, and the channel won't freeze up.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0012TZ1RU/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Eddie

Attachments

• ChainWax.jpg
    ChainWax.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

mobob

Reaction score
I have the original Roll-x version and it's going on four years old. It has some of the drawbacks from the original locking mechanism but still holding up great. I would buy it again.

Two engineers I work with liked it so much they put one on each of their power wagons. The second version was an improvement and theirs have held up well. They are good covers but do let a small amount of water in from time to time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PatAv8r

Reaction score
Not sure if you’ve had a chance to install the MX4 yet, but if you have, is it easy to completely remove?

Horrible. Returned it for the Flip instead.

It had terrible alignment problems and even gouged my tailgate cap when the shims were removed. The locks are super finicky and without putting MORE shims in, you won’t get them to engage.

Tried different combos and even had BAK take a look. We all decided the Flip is a lot better fit.

Functionally, meh. Sure, it’s nice to roll it ALL the way and not block the window. But it’s all or none; no midway. I was surprised how much I like having my bed only partially covered. And the Flip, you can stand on the folded cover...it’s that strong! Don’t try that with the X2.

Yes, it DOES rattle from wind buffeting.

Swapped for the newer MX4 and much happier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GizmoVance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if you’ve had a chance to install the MX4 yet, but if you have, is it easy to completely remove?

?? It's been installed ever since this post. I've removed my other one, not this one, but it's the same thing. Just two elevator knobs, then lift off. You'll need two people unless you wanna jump up in the bed and then muscle it straight up.

PatAv8r

Reaction score
?? It's been installed ever since this post. I've removed my other one, not this one, but it's the same thing. Just two elevator knobs, then lift off. You'll need two people unless you wanna jump up in the bed and then muscle it straight up.

Got it, thank you!

JustBillin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like mine, but I would not buy another without looking at other options on my next truck. It’s definitely not as secure as my “leaky” Solid Fold I had on my previous truck.

My X2 leaks a tiny bit around the edges, but nothing in the middle like the Solid Fold. I do like how you can roll it up and use most of the bed with the X2, but I think they need to redesign the strap and buckle system for securing the cover when rolled up.

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the newer X4. I personally don't like the flips when they're open blocking the window, and roll up canisters take up too much bed space. I wanted to keep what little bed length we have for bikes. I like the matte finish of the X4 more than the X2 semi shine. It looks great, makes no noise and I can stand on it with no issues (200+lbs). The only issues I had was installing it. BAK phone tech was no help at all, even after I sent them pictures clearly showing the issues I was having with the locks not engaging. I had to shim it up, seemed to be more than the norm to me. Given, no two trucks are the same, maybe my bed is wonky and out of square. Measurement diff from front to rear width is almost 3/4", so about 3/8 shims on each side. Now it fits perfect. Shim problem...you have to get the shim kit from BAK (free) sent in the mail, which took about a week. Only plus for me was price, $870 free ship, no tax from tonneaucovered.com. Had to haggle with them but got them down to that price.

Attachments

• 20180214_154442.jpg
    20180214_154442.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180214_154456.jpg
    20180214_154456.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 20180214_154402.jpg
    20180214_154402.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 74