Avalanche paint body work

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Clfraptor

Reaction score
Has anyone had body and paint work to the avalanche color yet? Damn landscapers in my development got my door real good. How does the body and paint work blend with oem paint and orange peel ?

Attachments

• IMG_1675.jpg
    IMG_1675.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1676.jpg
    IMG_1676.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 98

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Jayzuss. That’s nasty. they might be able to push out the dent evenly, but you’re going be down for probably more than a day.

That said, I just commented in Jet’s thread, a good body guy - a craftsman - will square that away such that you and everyone else will never know it happened.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Murphy's Law Brother!!! Sorry to see that. I took a rock to my windshield that shattered it 2 days after purchase. If its new, they will get you!!!

TKS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My avalanche was delivered with a chip in the edge of the passenger door. Had to have that small section repainted. The paint blended perfectly. Can't tell anything was there before. Sucks with your ding, but the paint should blend well based on my experience. Good luck.

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had body and paint work to the avalanche color yet? Damn landscapers in my development got my door real good. How does the body and paint work blend with oem paint and orange peel ?

Find a paintless dent repair guy that is familiar with aluminum. Aluminum may not have the "memory" like steel but it is still very workable. We had a local dealer get a bunch of 15' F150's absolutely beat to hell with hail and their PDR guy had them looking new with no issues. It can be done. I personally prefer the PDR over risking having the paint not match in one small spot. Some guys are really good at matching colors and blending them properly and sometimes it just stands out.

OP
OP
C

Clfraptor

Reaction score
Unfortunately it just didn't dent, it also got scratched. I got three quotes each around $1100. Fingers crossed it comes out good.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
if you have comprehensive coverage and it's less than those quotes i'd use it. it doesn't increase your insurance cost, at least it doesn't here in NJ. I had similar happen a couple of times to my gen 1, a storm knocked a tree limb onto my fender cracking it, another time a neighborhood kid ran a snowblower into my rear passenger side door. all covered and no increase in my policy.