ARB Twin Compressor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Riksk

Reaction score
Working on my compressor mount plans. I am considering mounting inside a Pelican Hard Case. It would be hard mounted, not for portability. I like the case idea because it'll be in my bed w/o a cover. Thinking for protection from the elements as well as theft. Other than having to route the electrical and the two Air Intakes at the top out of the case, is there anything I'm missing?

The fans at the bottom are cooling fans for the motors right? Do they need to be open to ambient air?

I'd rather not have to open the case every time I use the compressor, but not sure if it would just over heat really quick. Mostly be using it just for airing up, and as compressed air for blowing off the truck.

Thanks!

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Working on my compressor mount plans. I am considering mounting inside a Pelican Hard Case. It would be hard mounted, not for portability. I like the case idea because it'll be in my bed w/o a cover. Thinking for protection from the elements as well as theft. Other than having to route the electrical and the two Air Intakes at the top out of the case, is there anything I'm missing?

The fans at the bottom are cooling fans for the motors right? Do they need to be open to ambient air?

I'd rather not have to open the case every time I use the compressor, but not sure if it would just over heat really quick. Mostly be using it just for airing up, and as compressed air for blowing off the truck.

Thanks!

What about the Bajamod plate that goes under the rear seat - that's what I did after seeing someone here do the same thing

https://bajamod.com/detail.php?product_code=BMB0001

OP
OP
R

Riksk

Reaction score
Typically will have small kids and wife in the truck while I'm airing up.

Wish there was an under hood mount location.

Huck

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Typically will have small kids and wife in the truck while I'm airing up.

Wish there was an under hood mount location.

The single compressor fits mounted to the frame under the air box. That’s what i did. And it will fill 4 35” Tires in a single duty cycle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
R

Riksk

Reaction score
I mounted the single ARB compressor under the body. Took the truck out for 4 days of sand and mud. Sprayed it off...no issues. 90 days later and runs great.

http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f264/onboard-air-compressor-install-pics-60431/

Yah, I used your post as part of my research too, you did a nice job. I probably should have gone with the smaller one, initially thought I could maybe run an Impact off the twin without a tank, but now finding that it's unlikely. Maybe someday I'll add Swarfwork's under body tank mount.

Have you done any water crossing with it under mounted yet? While it's splash proof, it seems unclear to me how it would hold up getting fully submerged. Obviously it wouldn't be running at the time, and you could relocate the intakes. There are a couple water crossings near me that are within the 30" the stock Rap is Ford approved for, but would probably soak a frame mount.

For now, I'm just bed mounting it. Started working last night, ran the cables. I'm hoping to get them connected tonight. The plan to use a pelican case died when I realized I wouldn't be able to access the rear bolt that tightens the mount down. I'll post pics once I'm done.

DrifterGTR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone mounted a twin compressor along the frame rail? While I would prefer to put one in the bed near the cabin, but I haven't been able to find a mounting bracket. And as an aside, How are people hooking this compressor up to the up-fitter switches?

surfnsocal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yah, I used your post as part of my research too, you did a nice job. I probably should have gone with the smaller one, initially thought I could maybe run an Impact off the twin without a tank, but now finding that it's unlikely. Maybe someday I'll add Swarfwork's under body tank mount.

Have you done any water crossing with it under mounted yet? While it's splash proof, it seems unclear to me how it would hold up getting fully submerged. Obviously it wouldn't be running at the time, and you could relocate the intakes. There are a couple water crossings near me that are within the 30" the stock Rap is Ford approved for, but would probably soak a frame mount.

For now, I'm just bed mounting it. Started working last night, ran the cables. I'm hoping to get them connected tonight. The plan to use a pelican case died when I realized I wouldn't be able to access the rear bolt that tightens the mount down. I'll post pics once I'm done.

thanks! Nope, no water crossings. Only mud.