GEN 2 Anyone Painted Tow Hooks - Front and/or Rear?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t_j

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my front tow hooks lightning blue. It's pretty subtle, but I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not. I may go back to black at some point??
But I do like my lightning blue d-ring. :biggrin:

Hope you have a safety wire on the d-ring pin! Having lost one at 80 on the highway they can do quite a lot of damage (luckily the highway was empty) it flew 200+ yards spinning off onto the shoulder.

OP
OP
W

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I did my front tow hooks lightning blue. It's pretty subtle, but I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not. I may go back to black at some point??

I LIKE THAT! Why didn't you have the rear hooks painted too?

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

I had painted red tow hooks on my 2006 F150 and I think it looked super good. It was a dark shadow grey color truck. IMO, red tow hooks look best with the dark grey color trucks.

Do you have any pics you can post? I'd like to see that

Is there a paint color that would match the amber color of the Raptor lights? Anyone? Bueller?

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I LIKE THAT! Why didn't you have the rear hooks painted too?

I'm still undecided on the fronts. I think they looked better when my skid plate was silver. But I didn't like the silver skid plate, so that is magnetic gray now. :biggrin: I like the skid plate better now, not sure about the tow hooks? :Insane:

BajaFred

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I think the lightning hooks look like garbage :)

KK0Hvwy.jpg

Last edited:

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Pardon me for raw honesty, but red painted tow hooks seem to me to be for people who can't find their ass in the dark.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm still undecided on the fronts. I think they looked better when my skid plate was silver. But I didn't like the silver skid plate, so that is magnetic gray now. :biggrin: I like the skid plate better now, not sure about the tow hooks? :Insane:

What did you use to paint the skid plate? I've read you can use the Anthracite Plasti Dip but I didn't know if there was a closer match.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you use to paint the skid plate? I've read you can use the Anthracite Plasti Dip but I didn't know if there was a closer match.

I had a local part store mix me up some single stage J7 Magnetic for my spray gun. It was suppose to have clear coat in it, but for some reason it went on really dry leaving a matte finish. It worked out great for me because I was expecting to have to dull down the gloss so it would match the matte magnetic on the rest of the bumper. I'm sure if I buffed it out I could make it look glossy, but it worked out perfect for me. Normally when I get into this type of paint project stuff goes wrong and it ends up being more work than originally expected.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a local part store mix me up some single stage J7 Magnetic for my spray gun. It was suppose to have clear coat in it, but for some reason it went on really dry leaving a matte finish. It worked out great for me because I was expecting to have to dull down the gloss so it would match the matte magnetic on the rest of the bumper. I'm sure if I buffed it out I could make it look glossy, but it worked out perfect for me. Normally when I get into this type of paint project stuff goes wrong and it ends up being more work than originally expected.

It looks good! Thanks for the info!